Name of the Listing and category

Pepi12
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Name of the Listing and category

Hello, I have listed my property (a maisonette house) which is an entire home although in the basement my parents stay there. Although I am informing my guests about this situaton I have the feeling that this is something that bothers them and sometimes I have received complaints that this is NOT an entire home.

Any suggestions on how to deal with it since in the Airbnb settings there is not any other category to set for my listing (it is not a shared house)

Thank you in advance for any suggestions

PEPI 

8 Replies 8
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Pepi12. Does your listing have an independent entrance? Once your guests lock the front door, do they have to share their space with anyone?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Thank you Marzena for your reply. Yes there is an independent door and they do not share the house.

I will actually add a latch in their door (interir) so that they feel extra security and independence

P

@Pepi12@Marzena4 asks an important question: do the guests have to share any of their space with anyone

(meaning your parents).

The review that mentions the mother and father living downstairs also includes an incident where the father entered the guest space without warning.

You might need to have a conversation with your parents about when it is appropriate to enter the guest areas uninvited (the answer: never). If your parents feel it is appropriate to enter the guest space at any time, it is obvious why guests will not feel they are getting an entire home.

(And do your parents have their own separate entrance?)

Hello Matthew and thank you for bothering to reply

Yes the inceident was not ordrinary, very inappropriate and bad but also happened by mistake. Of course my parents are independent, have their own entrance BUT there is this interconnecting door (locked of course) which I will put a hatch so that the guests feel more secure.

My only concern was with the description of the property since it is a separate maisonnete (2 floor house), independent but with a basement that has its own entrance.

Thank you

Stephanie365
Level 10
Fredericksburg, VA

List it as "entire guest suite". That way they can see it is a separate entity but understand it is still attached to the house. This is how mine is advertised.

Thank you @Stephanie365

I will check on it and maybe change the description although it is not a suite but a 2 floor maisonette (with a basement)

P

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Pepi12You answered that last 'unfortunate' review very well btw. Exceptionally well. You have the best mentality to do just fine in this endevor.

The trick now is to work on the logistics of your place so such confusion ~can't~ happen again.  @Matthew285's suggestions are a good start.

Good luck. 🙂

Thank you @Fred116