Naming your Airbnb

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Naming your Airbnb

I heard on NPR that naming your house adds value when you sell. In the US, its not super common to name your home, but my friends in the UK already know that homes with certain names definitely attract a higher price.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-1609703/Names-that-boost-your-homes-value....

I was a big fan of naming houses even before I knew this (blame it on my affection for fellow redhead, Anne of Green Gables). I do think our name contributed to our Airbnb success. Our primary house is a big Victorian with tons of porches and a sunset view of an agricultural preserve and the Catoctin Mountains. One of the first things I did after moving in was have a sign made with its name that hangs on our picket fence. I am sure the neighbors, who live in similar grand old Victorians, think I am nuts.

So have you considered naming your Airbnb? It may just boost your bookings! What would you name your space if you were going to? If you have a name, how did you decide on it? Do you think it helps your visibility?

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Laura2592 We have named all our listings. Being in the UK it just seemed the obvious thing to do. Our naming convention is a bit basic however. The first apartment we named The West Wing because it is the West wing of the property. For the other two apartments we just looked out of the window and named them Cedar View and Church View respectively. I just hope people don't expect to find Donald (or Joe?) in our first apartment.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Queensberry pip,  because it's on queensberry st and I grow blueberries and raspberries. queensberries dont exist, but its what happens when you mix blue and rasp together. Pip is because it's the core, seed, kernel and also an easily countable digit, like the pips on dice . Plus a memorable word. People refer to my place as the pip, or qp . 

My last place was called almond hill, it was a hill with an almond orchard.

I love naming things!

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Laura2592 our place is named and if people were paying attention they could find our fb & IG about the place... but they really don't

yesterday, up the in the Barn my 8YO said, 'mom, why are you so all about Texas up here?' Branding kiddo, branding

Susie236
Level 2
Naches, WA

Where in the process can I put in my house name?  I cant' seem to find it - it just calls itself one-bedroom farm house or something - I actually have a real name for it, if I could put it in there?