Need an excellent listing description copy writer!!!

East-Coast0
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Need an excellent listing description copy writer!!!

Hey Guys!! I am looking for someone great with words to touch up my listings.  Possibly someone who writes real estate copy.  Any sugestions?!  Thanks in advance, have a wonderful day!!

10 Replies 10
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

Perhaps hire someone on Fiverr.com they even have listings specifically for AirBnB copywriters. A service specifically for vacation rentals is Guesthook.com (I have not used them and found them using Google)  Another option would be to advertise on Craigslist for a local person, or if you have a friend who is a real estate agent, or contact the agent that sold you the house, they might even do it for free. 

You could also try it yourself. Read through listings that sound appealing and model your verbiage and sentence structure on what sounds appealing. I am not advocating copying another listing verbatim but copying individual words and phrases that describe your listing. One advantage to writing it yourself is that you are the person most familiar with your property so the way you describe it might be the most accurate. You could also have a proofreader go over your text to fix grammar and optimize structure.

i used a copywriter from fiver called Jo he is the first in line did a great job i beleive he is in england.

Jocopy or something like that.check out my listing 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@East-Coast0

Avoid estate agent speak - it's meaningless drivel most of the time.  You want an honest description of the area, the property, so that your guest knows exactly what to expect and they give you good reviews for it. Not the opposite. 

EG: Homely, old-fashioned cottage in bustling community = a bit of a wreck in a loud neighbourhood

If you can find someone locally who can even visit the property they will see things and angles that you have not even thought about. Actually looking at the feeback - you definitely need someone locally to visit and experience your properties as they are a bit unusual and some guest expectation have been completely different to what was expected! Good idea to do a rewrite!

Good luck

hi Jerry,

my name is Terry and i am a writer. mostly i write fiction and ghost-write, but i am trying to get back into writing copy. therefore, i would like to offer you a free advert (if you would like me to write it for you). all i really want in exchange is another example for my portfolio, and if any other work comes up to hopefully be considered for the contract. a review of some sort would be great too, i guess, but i dont know where you could leave it at present! my background qualification is that i worked in advertising for seven years designing and compiling campaigns for clients. writing, editing & re-working content was a large element of my job.

so, firstly, i have a listing on airbnb and i'm getting both really good response and conversion rates. feel free to check it out and see what you think here: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/18073955;

secondly, i would be happy to send you a couple of examples of adverts i have written for other people recently specifically for property;

thirdly, should you wish to peruse elements of my portfolio, i have a large body of work including: reviews, articles, satire, stories, web content, scripts, etc... just let me know what kind of thing you want to see and i'll send you them!

and that's it really! let me know what you think, 😄

t.

Fiona256
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

I certainly wouldn't hire you, Terry. You don't seem to know how to use capitals.

Hilarious. Although interestingly, I've found that professional writers are often the laziest with capitalization and spelling things out in informal writing (some of my journalism professors, who were Pulitzer Prize-winning writers, had the most atrocious email replies to my messages). Still, it's not a good first impression...

Toni104
Level 1
Orvieto, Italy

I'm a freelance travel writer/copywriter/editor/journalist with expensive experience writing hotel reviews for The Telegraph and hotel descriptions for a multinational company who is the leader in the search engine and maps sector (the name starts with a "G").   😉

Feel free to reach out if you need help crafting or re-working your Airbnb listing. You can contact me through my Linkedin page at https://www.linkedin.com/in/tonidebella/

Thanks.

toni

Check out: www.sparkpads.com

Hi Toni. LinkedIn won’t allow me to message you. Can you contact me at *sensitive information hidden* to discuss fixing our listing description please. Thank you. 

Hi Chip-and-Natalie,

I am now just seeing this message! I did not get a notification from Airbnb for some reason. 😞

I assume you were able to find someone else to help you but if not, do reach out. My email is

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Thanks and sorry again,

Toni

ToniD