Need to cancel guest coming in 3 wks. Will I be able to attract guests in future?

Need to cancel guest coming in 3 wks. Will I be able to attract guests in future?

I have a broken foot, I'm unable to move out of my house as I usually do for guests.  I'm relatively sure I'll be able to work with airbnb to avoid penalties due to an "extenuating circumstance."  Have other hosts been through something like this?  Will it affect my ability to attract guests in the future?  My home was quite popular this year.

6 Replies 6

@Kate1517 If Airbnb grants an Extenuating Circumstance cancelation, that would include a waiver of penalties including the "host cancel," notice that occurs on your listing that

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Kate1517 ...what a bummer...so sorry u got broken.... I am fairly certain that the extenuating circumstances will be what Airbnb will implement and make it all good for you. Hope u heal quickly and use this time to rest and get ready for a wonderful 2020. Peace

Thank you, Clara!  A very, very wonderful 2020 to YOU!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

All the very best for a speedy recovery @Kate1517 

Remember it's ok to ask for help

Dear Helen, Asking for help from this community was definitely a good idea.  Thank you so much.  A healthful, happy, prosperous New Year to you!

Wow, Helen, Clara and Andrew!  You are all so kind.  I feel so reassured and am very grateful to you for taking the time to respond to my post.  A wonderful 2020 to all of you!