New Airbnb Feature : Teams

Answered!
Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

New Airbnb Feature : Teams

Greetings ~

I may have missed the announcement on this, but yesterday morning I noticed a new feature called “Teams” roll out on the Airbnb App. It looks like it is intended to allow hosts to invite other parties to help manage listings (i.e. cleaners or property managers). Most people do this via other apps like Smartbnb or (the free one) YourPorter, but it looks like Airbnb wants in on this action.

It also seems to allow hosts to completely customise the permissions for each team member!

This is actually quite good because not all hosts have “equal” arrangements with a cohost. Some don’t want co-hosts to be able to amend pricing, others do... this new feature allows full control over who does what, plus communication to the team.

E0D13781-07CA-457D-9210-8A9DB59BE4BE.jpeg2BBE6266-DFAC-41F8-9D68-0F5C94986C3F.jpeg

1 Best Answer
Helen267
Level 10
St. Andrews, United Kingdom

I think the team feature would be so so so valuable to me - as a remote host of a single entire property that is serviced by a cleaning company - if only I could get it to work!

It would be great to give the cleaners ability to view my calendar and guest correspondence, without them being able to view the financial details or have the power to accept or decline guests.

I am testing this on my husband to makes sure it works before getting the cleaners involved,  and I'm really struggling. I have removed my husband as co host and added him as a team member, but I can't get the team function to work for him at all. I'll give it 24 hours and try again.

Anyone else had this?

View Best Answer in original post

66 Replies 66
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Ben551 

Not yet for me...

Screenshot_2019-03-07 Dashboard - Airbnb.png

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Zappa0
Level 10
Key West, FL

I like this idea! When and where does it come out? 

@Lizzie where do I find more info? 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ben551 

Looks like it was designed by 'Team Hangover' down your way. 

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Alon1  hey, Team Hangover were awesome hahaha.  But yeah, they may have had a hand in it 🙂

@Ben551 I haven't got that feature yet either. I do have an annoying tip on my dashboard, that I can't dismiss, asking me to add a co-host,

@Ben0Looks like we don't have this rollout yes in the U.S.Trying to find Smartbnb and Porter in the app store on google but they don't show up. Anyone know any similar apps? 

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Zappa0  heya - sorry for the delay in reply.  Links to YourPorter and Smartbnb.

Kris76
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Yes, you could try GuestHug which is pretty cool!

Daniel1598
Level 10
Fairfax, VA

@Ben551 Interesting function. Hopefully we'll be seeing the rollout here soon.

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Ricardo85 @Alon1 @Rachel177 @Zappa0 @Daniel1598   yeah, as usual the southern hemisphere tends to be a testing ground for new functionality.  It happens a lot.  The consensus is that tech companies like testing things out on a smaller population with a density of diversity that doesn't exist elsewhere... with fewer laws to navigate.  Our legal system is nothing if not sparse lol.

I should remember to post more often when I see a change...

I hope you see this soon, it's actually quite great from what I can see!

Teams1.pngTeams2.pngTeams3.png

@Ben0thanks for the reply. It sounds great to be able to give them access to some functions but not others....looks like an overdue option and would be great when I want to go on vacation and have someone fill in for me. 

Appreciate the info!

@Ben551 it's appeared for me today. Looks interesting, but not sure how much use it will be for me as I do all my own cleaning & check ins.