New Bank Account - Payout Error

New Bank Account - Payout Error

I have 2 AirBnB listings - 1 in Australia and 1 in Indonesia

Naturally, when I set up my Indonesian listing, I set up a new account so that IDR goes straight into my Indonesian bank account.

For my first 4 hosting experiences, everything was fine, I received my money with no problems. However, on my 5th hosting attempt, AirBnB said there was an ERROR in my account which meant that the money couldn't be sent through.

Luckily my Aussie account was still active so they sent the money through there. But has anybody else gotten this issue and what do I do? My Indonesian bank account is fine, I checked with my bank and there was nothing wrong in the information that I put in.

And now, I'm trying to remove that Payout Method and add a new one (with same details), but AirBnB won't let me remove it, saying ERROR each time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

6 Replies 6
Betty-and-Bruno0
Level 1
Fremantle, AU

We have the same problem with out account – it was fine for the first 10 payments and now it suddenly says that there's an error with the account details. I added in the details again, and once again there's an error. Not too keen on paying the Paypal fees either!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Soraya41 @Betty-and-Bruno0

It is a known problem with Airbnb's payment arm at the moment. It appears no Australian hosts are being paid. It is just a terrible pity Airbnb do not consider it is important enough to give us any sort of explanation or information. 

All I can suggest is be patient and see what happens.

Airbnb are going to feel a considerable backlash effect over this. There will be a slump in Airbnb activity. Some sections of the media are already onto this and those at the top who may have felt that this was a minor technical glitch are going to wish this week had never come!

As far as I am concerned they have got 3 hours, and counting!

Cheers......Rob

Thanks for the info @Robin4!

Hopefully they will sort this out soon,

Betty

I am having this issue and soon will cancel bookings. AirBnB can stick that superhost rating too....I don't let strangers stay in my home for free. It's already been 4 days and nothing has been resolved.

Rob...Are your issues sorted yet.  My account details are coming up with Error still and also in receiving new bookings, it won't give me a confirmation number as says I need to update banking details which I have done but still there is an Error on payment details.  It's interesting that if you google this though, absolutely nothing comes up so it obviously hasn't reached the media.  I am owed quite a bit of money from the start of Novmeber with no payouts from Airbnb.  What do we do about this?  Do we continue to take bookings?  Are we going to get paid??  Would appreciate peoples thoughts....

Philena0
Level 2
Port of Spain, TT

I am currently experiencing this issue, except the money didn't go to the intended recipient (the owner of the home) it went to an another persons account on my profile ( another home owner) and this person is refusing to transfer the cash to the rightful owner, AIRBNB is not accepting they are at fault and the Owner of the home has not been paid and the other person who didnt provide the services is enjoying thousands of dollars he didn't earn,  Can anyone tell me if they have had this experience and if so , how did Airbnb rectify the issue?