New EC- full refund for ANY reason if voucher is OK

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

New EC- full refund for ANY reason if voucher is OK

I just revived clarification from customer service. Any guest who booked before March 14 will have an option to get full refund via voucher at any time regardless of hosts cancellation policy. This applies to all stays into the future and reason for cancellation is not asked. Hosts will not get a pay out. Guests will not need to contact customer service. This is one of the options on line. We can all assume that we do not have a cancellation policy in effect for any reservation booked before March 14

43 Replies 43
Pilar1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lorna151  You don’t mention the dates but the situation in Spain is much better than in the UK and the 14 days quarantine ends at the end of June for most cities, earlier in some. 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@PaddySeventeen0 

Cancellations will be handled according to the extenuating circumstances coverage in effect at the time of submission, and reservations that were already cancelled will not be reconsidered.

^^That bit... Thats a cheeky one!

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0

The emphasis on that paragraph there is mine because it's a very important clause for hosts to be aware of. Having already cancelled long before the EC policy was extended to include their dates, many guests are later coming back to claim full refunds, after the fact. In a lot of cases, Airbnb is acceding to their demands, applying the policy retroactively and clawing back the contracted payout from the host, against the terms of their own stated T&Cs. 

Should that happen to any host reading this, it's imperative that they quote the relevant clause above to CX, to have any hope of a successful outcome. 

@PaddySeventeen0 

Are those claw backs being then paid to guests in cash or vouchers do you know?

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 @PaddySeventeen0 yes, this happened to me

@Inna22  Where did you find this information? I would like to apply for a voucher to use later in the year if it's possible? Can you help me, I haven't found any information online about this.

@Liam1503 

You have already obtained your service fee refund. Because of that no further refunds will be applied.

Your welcome.

I just spoke to Airbnb on the phone today, this information about the voucher is incorrect. He said the host and guest still need to come to a mutual agreement to cancel the reservation. 

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  No, I haven't but thanks for your unwarranted response. I actually provided all my supporting documents today and the agent thinks I should get a full refund! 🙂 

@Liam1503 

My unwarranted response was perfectly apt. Your own words here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Host-asking-for-cash-outside-the-app/m-p/1301112/highlight/...

Was this:

liam.jpg

I'm not making things up, so was that just a little porky on your part? Spin again. Your original posts were full of holes without substance and seriously dubious. When Airbnb abdicate their responsibility by paying you off in a situation like this, you can pretty much wave any more refund payments or support bye-bye as they really don't want to know.

Good luck anyway.

Why are you attacking my character and taking over this thread? I can't help you if you didn't understand the situation. Yes, they agreed to refund the service fees, no I haven't received them yet or pursued Airbnb for these fees. 

I spend around $20,000 with Airbnb every year for the past three years. In those years I've only had two issues, both times Airbnb have been more than helpful and fixed it each time. 

But thanks so much for your concern, I really appreciate it! 🙂 

Your character is already laid open bare on that previous thread. You're attempting to obtain a full refund where one is not due, claiming a Covid involvement in any which way you can and just robbing the host of his due contracted cancellation fees.

With Airbnb already agreeing that they will refund their service fees to you without a cancellation ever being made, this is a real interesting one to watch so I hope you'll come back here and gloat about how you pulled it off.

Almost always happy to help 🙂

You are literally hijacking other people's posts to create some sort of entertainment out of my ongoing Airbnb issue, which you clearly know more about than I do! 

I have to say it's coming across a little strange and obsessive, maybe you should turn it down a notch, or just get a life? Thanks 🙂

@Liam1503 this is my post and I do not mind @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 chiming in with relevant responses to your reply, which by the way was hijacking my original thread

@Inna22 People like hijacking your posts Inna because they are always interesting. 😄

Whatever way you get your kicks!