[New Feature] A prompt to confirm that the guest's photo is clear

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

[New Feature] A prompt to confirm that the guest's photo is clear

It looks like Airbnb have taken seriously our ranting about the lack of photos in the guests' profiles. Upon accepting a request, you'll find a pop-up asking you if the guest's photo is clear. There is an Okay link to confirm it before accepting. I didn't see any "No" option so anyone who has any update on the feature might post. I was so quick to accept the request that I didn't make any screenshot.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
13 Replies 13
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Marzena4 I had a booking 10 mins ago and as usual I've not got this update yet.

Apparently you can report the guest for no photo and the host can also be reported for no photo.

Untitled4.jpgUntitled3.jpg

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

How long have you had that "Report guest photo" feature, @Jeff158? This is what appeared for the first time for me - either Airbnb is offering different settings to hosts (as usual) or is gradually introducing them.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

I've not got the feature yet @Marzena4, the screen shots are from another host in the USA, I thought they were winding me up when I saw it.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Ok, so they started rolling it out in Europe. Any other hosts in this corner have seen it?

Ria38
Level 2
Greece

It is there but apparently you can only report people that have a confirmed booking with you. This feature does not appear in inquiry conversations.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Marzena4  I'm getting that "Okay" box as well, re the photo. Am in Mexico.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Ria0, so the photo has to be provided after the booking is confirmed? How tricky of Airbnb. 

It looks so, @Fred13 - it was a confirmed booking for me (I'm on IB)

Dina87
Level 2
Collingswood, NJ

I've accepted several bookings in the last several days and haven't seen these options, yet, so they haven't made it to the northeast US.

It just happen to me here in Seattle, didn't click anything  but came here looking for a explaination. 

Adele46
Level 3
Atlanta, GA

I don’t understand how hard it would be not allow a guest to book without a clear photo of themselves (not of their dog) AND to make it abundantly clear, up front that they have to make their own bookings AND register all guests. Just saying...

MicheleandLouw0
Level 10
Maun, Botswana

Great initiative from Airbnb! It is not available here in Africa yet. But I also feel the need to mention that I have  seen profile picture of Hosts not being authentic. I think that should also be addressed.

I haven't seen it here in the UK yet either. I have a booking request now from someone with a cartoon profile picture. I've written and asked them to upload a picture of themself, and if they don't do it before the request times out I'll have to refuse their request so it doesn't affect my response rate - but then it still affects my rates on accepting bookings, which is a bit annoying. I don't think anyone should be allowed to join without a profile picture of their face - I'm a single female sharing my apartment with guests, so for my own security, I will only accept booking from people who are willing to upload an image. This is a big part of why I won't do Instant Book too.