New Feature: Adding an additional host

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New Feature: Adding an additional host

If you get help from a family member or trusted friend, we want to make it easier for you to share hosting responsibilities. We are rolling out a new feature that allows you to add an additional host to help you manage your listing.

Will you be adding an additional host?

Additional Hosts

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

37 Replies 37
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Lizzie This is super.  Have to go back about 20 pages to find the host that was asking about this!  Is there a help article available to guide hosts to where they can find this?  When I inquired today in the help files there was just a message saying the feature was coming in the future.  Well, apparently the future is here.  

Also, is it available to all hosts globally regardless of the device / operating system they use?  I see in your picture there is a new item, "Management", but it doesn't show on my listing.  More info, please!

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Lizzie As @Clare0 mentioned, I'm not seeing this feature yet on our listing. Any estimate on when this will roll out?

Diana47
Level 1
Grosse Ile Township, MI

This feature is long overdue compared to the competition. Please advice on when it will be available! 

Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

A welcome addition but not sure it has ever been that essential. It's fair to say 'the competition' follow Airbnb more than lead.

It IS essential if you frequently use someone else to manage your listings and greet your guests. 

Pamela27
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Your help directs us to "Management, select Addional Hosts" under "Manage Listing & Calendar"

It does not exist!?!?!? Neither does "Management, select Co-Host"

We need a bcc for email notifications, please!

Also the screenshot is so small it is difficult to read... even blown up.

@Pamela27 Airbnb never rolls out a new feature to everybody at the same time.  I suspect they roll out features to apps, Google Chrome users and possibly geographic areas (big cities like London, Paris, San Francisco, New York, et) separately.  My advice is just to check from time to time your Manage Listing options and when it's there for you you'll see it. 

@Lizzie's post was just to inform everyone that it is one the way!

Seamus0
Level 2
Essex Junction, VT

Why post about vaporware?   Are you trying to torture us?   "Coming soon" usually comes with an estimated date, unless of course you ARE trying to torture us?  😉

Any insight on timelines?

April3
Level 5
South Lake Tahoe, CA

Please AirBnb, provide updates when this feature will be available to all markets and hosts. Long overdue!

so what you are that co hosting is not available but it will be some time when ever

Nushi0
Level 2
Annapolis, MD

This is an endless loop.  I see your screen shot to add a co-host; however, there's no other instructions on how to land on the page that give you an option to add a co-host.  I go to my listing dashboard, as you show on your screen shot; however, I dont' see co-host option.  Host Assist is a bit confusing, I would think co-host option would be a natural add to that page or the profile page, or security page.  But no, none of those pages contain adding a co-host.

I would be ok to change my login from Facebook to email/password.  That way I can give my husband the login info and he too can manage the host page.  However, I dont' see how I can do that!

Tuula0
Level 2
Vantaa, Finland

Hi,

The suggested path for additional hosting does not work on my computer

Manage listing 

-> manage listing and calendar (only manage listing found at this step)

I need urgent help as travelling myself and would need to add my daughter to take care of guests' requests.

br Tuula

Shuli-and-Miguel0
Level 1
Tanjung Tokong, Malaysia

Would love to be given the option to add a co-host. Would it be possible to be given that feature if we request it?

If it's going to be rolled out all at once, what is the time-frame?

Thanks!

Tulio0
Level 10
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Hey @Lizzie, any update about the rollout of this feature?