New Feature: City guidebooks

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New Feature: City guidebooks

We’ve launched new, community-sourced guidebooks that bring together hosts’ neighborhood recommendations and highlights.

Now for select cities, when a traveler searches online for things to do, they’ll be able to see featured recommendations from Airbnb hosts, with links to those hosts’ listings. Your guests will still see your personal guidebook on your listing page, and it’ll be easy to get to when they use the Airbnb app during their stay.

Have you created your guidebook? What types of favorites do you include?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

8 Replies 8
Dunstan0
Level 3
Bath, United Kingdom

This looks like a great idea. I've just started a meetup group for hosts in Bath. We're going to watch the webinar together on Wednesday and I'd like to explore how we can work together to create an excellent City Guidebook.

I have two questions:

1. How can I tell if Bath already has a City Guidebook

2. How can I collaborate on an existing one or set one up?

Thanks in advance,

Dunstan

Marci0
Level 2
Occidental, CA

Can you let IT know guide book isn't working for edits/adding locations?

I tried using various window explorers to get guidebook so I can add to it but the main part where you add the recommendation doesn't scroll down.

I had the same result with explorer, firefox, and chrome.

It seems like a good feature and would like to add cool places for guests to try.

I had created a great guidebook for my guests, but there are only about 3 listings and you cannot scroll through to see if there might be more.

Carolyn21
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

how do I add the City guidebook to my listing? I can't figure out how to do it! Thanks!

Nevin0
Level 1
New York, NY

How can one access these offline? I am traveling to Havana and Wifi is not generally available.

Did you determine an answer to this? We are in exact same position. Thx. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Nice to meet you all.

In regards to adding a guidebook to your listing, (if you have multiple listings on your profile you will need to set them up seperately), go to 'Manage your listing and calendar' on the listing your wish to add a guidebook to. Then hover over the left side of the page to open the menu, then click 'Guidebook'. You will then be able to add your favorite places. 

If you have added a guidebook to your listing and you are unable to see it, sometimes the trick is to zoom out a little on your map and you should then be able to see the little icons.

I hope this helps and enjoy creating your guidebook. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Asad-Ali0
Level 1
Saudi Arabia

How can we add a city to develop a guidebook around? What is the process for that?