New Feature: Matching the right guests to the right hosts

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New Feature: Matching the right guests to the right hosts

We’re pairing these new settings with a redesigned traveler experience that we’re gradually rolling out on the Airbnb mobile app. We’ll ask guests for more up-front information so they can see personalized matches when they search. Now if you set a control that says you don’t allow pets, guests traveling with pets will be less likely to contact you.

We’re continuously learning more about guests, their preferences, and which homes they’ve reviewed highly. We use this information to personalize search results—which are different for each guest. We’ve been developing this approach to improve matching and ultimately increase the average number of bookings per host.

What are your thoughts?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

6 Replies 6
Susie0
Level 10
Oakland, CA

This is great and will surely increase bookings.

I hope places they've stayed in previously come up first, in an area, unless of course they haven't stayed at my place yet (ha ha). 

Lynda18
Level 5
Kaikoura, New Zealand

By the way I forgot to tick the box to say I'd like an email when someone replies. 

Would be great if you could filter out the bad guests too!

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Lizzie We used to get excellent matches when the keyword search feature was working. The day it was turned off, there was a sudden drop in views (see link below to see the dropoff). It seems like the best way to match hosts and guests is to let them search based on their interests or needs (ex. "kosher kitchen", "vegetarian household", "snow skiing", "scuba diving", etc.). While these other new features are interesting, they don't provide much granularity or customization. I would strongly encourage turning the keyword search feature back on to provide the best experience for guests and hosts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq4q1loffhh9ilf/views2.png?dl=0

Views

tell airbnb how lame they are for removing keyword search and keep buggin them to bring it back.

it is the surest and best way to match the right guests to the right hosts.

let's keep this topic ALIVE and front and center at the upcoming AirBnb OPEN conference.

BRING BACK KEYWORD SEARCH!

Alvina0
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

It would be nice to know what guests are looking for in a stay.  Will any information be shared with the host?  I have only had 3 guests so I can't really judge how this is all going to work.