New Guest Review Process Is Horrible!

Dave53
Level 3
Killington, VT

New Guest Review Process Is Horrible!

Have you seen the new guest review process yet?

The design completely removes any of the guest information from the review page - no name or property that they stayed at. This is horrible for hosts with multiple properties. I now no longer know which guest that review is for or where they stayed. I'll have to look up the guest and then go back to the review and have to remember each one.

Plus, it used to be on one page and I could tab between fields to fill out the review. It is now spread out on multiple pages and takes 5 clicks to complete it.

Not sure how this "update" made it through testing, but it's really horrible.

24 Replies 24
Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Dave53 I don't seem to have the new format for reviewing my guests.  It is the same format as it ever was.  However, the problem I do have is that I reviewed my most recent guest and yet the system is still prompting me to review him, as if I had not done it.  This prompt has been showing up for several days now as a "message" on my dashboard and I cannot remove it.  This particular guest is a regular who has now stayed here 4 or 5 times and has several reservations with me up until May.  My first review of him was written last October and I wonder whether this is causing the system to default to the "old"  format and then not recognising my response.  

Jena2
Level 3
Flagstaff, AZ

Is anyone having issues with the multi calendar with this update? Mine is not showing me dates...it only shows my guests names but no date so I can't tell when they are checking in or out. 

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Many hosts here have been bewailing the fact of this new review system for quite some time. Many hosts here have let the community know that they are receiving fewer reviews from guests since this review system was implemented. Perhaps guests who read books like Tolstoy's 'War and Peace' will not mind this multiple page review system, but the typical guest is unlikely to have the patience to get through it, even if they wanted to.

I have wondered for a very long time what sort of beta test process Airbnb employs before it unleashes it's platform changes on us unsuspecting users (guests and hosts alike). Whatever process they are using, it could stand to be stepped up a bit, if you ask me. This supposedly 'improved' review system is rather a travesty, in my opinion. Not only did they manage to make it longer than the Egyptian Nile, they managed to ignore most of it's hosts' pleadings for a more fair and accurate review system. Well done, Airbnb!

Steve-And-Jane0
Level 2
Heidelberg, CA

This has become a big frustration for me also, as a multi-property SuperHost.  If it isn't cumbersome enough for a single-property Host, it's BRUTAL for multi-property Hosts.  As Dave points out, you try to start the review process, only to find you can't see either the guest's names, or the property they stated at, let alone the dates. I'm clicking through 3 tabs on my browser just to do one Review.  

I've complained twice to airbnb directly about this, and I'm about to a third time.  I fail to see how this was ANY improvement.   If they wanted to change the wording, they still could have, but left it all on one page, not the new 5-6 page format, with no guest/property info.  

1 year later, we still have exactly the same problem. I've just sent my feedback to Airbnb, but I doubt they will take any action.
I manage 2  properties (one as co-host) and sometimes the same guest checks out of one property and checks in to the other. The only thing visible to me is the guests name. Without the property name or at least the dates, I'm completely blind as to which stay I'm reviewing.

@Dave53    Nothing has changed on mine,  it is exactly the same as has always been, maybe you are a 'guinea pig' and it's a test to see if it is a good idea!

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

I have a specific issue with the new review system... I had a guest who booked, then did not turn up, nor did she message to say she was not coming, nor contact me  subsequently. So although I don't normlaly give bad  reviews, on this occasion Iwanted to give a sentence to say she did not turn up, nor explain, and give her 1 star for (bad) communication.  Under the old system we could do that & leave "cleanliness" & "house rules" blank - appropriate as she was not in my house. However the new system will not allow me to progress to the paragraph written review till all star boxes are checked... I contacted Airbnb, they said "good point, genuine issue", but said I'dhave to check the other 2 boxes if I wanted to rate communication & write a paragraph. (I checked 5* for cleanliness & house rules, cos she DID leave it clean, not being there! .... but I've given a good mark she did not really earn! - a low grade would have been unfair.....) A more representative review would have come from checking 1* for communication, but being allowed to leave the other stars blank - like you could on the old system!

Trevor26
Level 7
Big Bend National Park, TX

It's terrible. 

I am a primary host on 2 listings, and a co-host on 2 others. I also have co-hosts on my primary listings, and when we now follow the prompt to leave a review for a guest, we have no idea which property it is for...and on the landing page review screen for each guest after following the link, it removes the guest's name as well, so we have no idea who the guest was or which property they stayed at. This is another layer of blindfold Airbnb has put on us hosts (after removing guest profile pictures). My work around used to be that I go to the calendar of each listing, and click in order of each guest going 14 days back and leave a review that way but Airbnb removed the "leave a review" link on guest itinerary summaries. This is very lazy programming on Airbnb's side. I used to leave a review for every single guest and since the change, perhaps only 10 percent. I'm pretty savvy on a computer but just don't have the time to find my way blindfolded through the maze of Airbnb's review process. 

Fix it and I'll start reviewing guests again. 

Another aggravated Superhost, 

Trevor

Nina540
Level 1
Taos, NM

YES! It is awful. I can't stand that it takes you all the way back to the home page and you have to go back in to find where you are in the review line. And, I agree, I can't see who I am writing about unless I click on the person and then click on the message thread. 

Airbnb... please fix this!! 

Saki1
Level 2
Colombo, LK

Anyone else have guests who check in and out of your property as well as the one you co-host for (during the same trip)? I get two reminders with the same guest name (no dates or property names). I'm completely blind as to whether I'm reviewing their stay at my place or the one where I'm a co-host.