New Guidebook Link!

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

New Guidebook Link!

I was looking for something, clicked on my profile picture in the upper right, and saw "My Guidebook."  I've clicked that before only to be brought to a kind of general page showing different cities.  This time - excitement!  All my guidebooks are listed, and when you hover over each, you're given the choice to either edit or share.

I tried out all the links, and now, instead of a PDF with a little map next to each entry, each item in the guide has color photos and a hyperlink that brings you to a page with more information, including all the contact info for the place.  (Screenshot below.)

Even better - I can now create one guidebook for the area that will suit all three listings, and simply share that guidebook with every guest.

I was on the verge of trying to create a digital guidebook off-platform, but didn't really want to replicate work or pay a monthly fee.  So I think this is wonderful!  Thanks, Airbnb!  You've made my life a million times easier!

Screenshot 2019-02-15 17.36.50.png

26 Replies 26
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

This is great! Thanks for posting, @Ann72!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is great to hear @Ann72. It's really nice that you can see photos and I'm glad this has saved you an extra job. 🙂 

Thanks so much for sharing. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Not yet here but great idea

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing @Ann72!  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I just checked and I have a digital guidebook too! 

Especially like that "Guidebooks can be added to multiple listings so you don’t have to duplicate recommendations"

Sarah327
Level 7
England, United Kingdom

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

This is excellent news. @Ann72 thanks for sharing!

I wonder though, do guests see these new format guidebooks in categories, e.g. "food scene" like the snapshot, or are only hosts seeing them like this?

The reason I ask is because before, while the host's view of the guidebook had everything under the different categories, the version the guest saw listed everything in no logical order at all - not althabetically, not by category, nor by proximity - but based on how many other hosts had included that recommendation in their guidebooks.

Has the order the guest sees the recommendations changed as well?

@Huma0 I think guests see it as the snapshot above shows because it's a link to a digital guidebook.  But here's mine - do you see the categories when you click on it?

https://www.airbnb.com/s/guidebooks?refinement_paths[]=/guidebooks/48696&share_channel=copy

I showed NO RESULTS Sorry

I agree. We do NOT like how they are showing now with food first!!!!

I had the beaches, then sights then the food.  

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Also, has the supermarket category disappeared because I can't see the supermarkets listed in my guidebook anymore and I had included several. This was actually one of the most important categories for my guests.

The picture view looks great though and brings the guidebook to life.

@HumaO,

You are right. I added the grocery stores, directions and Phone #s to a scheduled message. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Oh, and the parks have disappeared too...

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Huma0@Emilia42, The categories are there.  But since posting this I've encountered some issues!

1) "My Guidebook" under my profile photo in the dropdown list has disappeared.  But I can still get to it when editing my listing and choosing "Guidebook."

2) There's an editing pencil, but when you click it, your only option is to add a new item.  I want to delete a restaurant that's closed and can't figure out how to do that.

3) You can't re-order them any more than you could re-order the listings in the original guidebook.

4) You can't print it or save it as a PDF.  This is a concern for me because cell phone service is so spotty where I am that when people are out and about they'll often be unable to click through links with any success.

@Huma0, we never had a "supermarkets" category - only an "essentials" category.  

So this whole thing appears to be a work in progress.  I'll submit feedback and hope for the best!