New Host- How has your experience been?

Luyen1
Level 2
Houston, TX

New Host- How has your experience been?

Hello AirBNB Family!
My boyfriend and I are interested in becoming AirBNB Hosts and plan on executing our plan in early 2021. We plan on purchasing and listing a 1bed/1bath apartment in Houston, as a short term rental property, using a corporate application. 

For the past few month, I have been doing rigorous research on the short term rental

space. Due to Covid-19, I understand that it has really affected the tourism rate and I was curious as to how current and new AirBNB hosts (with 1 or multiple properties) are tackling this pandemic and how it has affected your book of business. I figured that 2021 would be an ideal time to enter due to the AirBNB’s IPO release date and in hopes Covid-19 will stabilize by then. I watched YouTube videos and saw that people are still a traveling locally and the demand for long term rentals has risen. I wanted to reach out to you guys to hear a more local perspective from the AIRBNB community so we can share insight! Any advice will be MUCH appreciated 🙂 

Thank You!

18 Replies 18
Sean140
Level 5
Prosper, TX

Hello Luyen1.  I have been helping Airbnb hosts insure their homes for the last few years.  I have a few carriers and can handle all states.  Please contact me if you would like to discuss your needs.

Sean

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

@Sean140-Looking for STR insurance for our property in Utah

Sean140
Level 5
Prosper, TX

Hello William.  Please contact me to discuss this.  I cannot post my phone # as it is usually deleted by the admin.  Please google me. Sean F Murphy Insurance Agency Worth IL.  Thank you.

Sean 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

That's because it's against the rules of this community to use it to promote commercial services such as yours @Sean140