New Host and Listing

Tyler436
Level 2
Chillicothe, OH

New Host and Listing

Hello, I’m in the process of purchasing a property and getting it set up and ready to rent out on Airbnb. I’m curious and nervous as to how long it usually takes to get a first booking with everything else out of the way (furnishings, good pictures, good listing, etc.)

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Tyler436 It depends on location, season and price you wish to charge. We had our first booking about a week after going live but that is probably irrelevant to your situation.

Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

@Tyler436 It probably depends on the location but my first booking was two days after the listing went up and my calendar just started filling up from there. However, that was before Covid and things have changed a bit. My advice is to make sure you are ready, you want good reviews from the start, and there are host penalties for canceling a reservation.  

Tyler436
Level 2
Chillicothe, OH

@Jillian115  & @Mike-And-Jane0  when we’re your first bookings listed?

The place I’m looking at is in Florida and there are other Airbnb’s in the area that seem to do well. 

Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

@Tyler436 I started Summer 2019 we are close to Yosemite.

Ted307
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Tyler436  We had our first booking request the next day after the listing went live. Be sure you are ready, the internet can have fast results! We are always making little improvements, but we made sure we were ready by having our adult kids stay in the Bunkhouse first, and they mentioned some good things that we did include. Best Wishes on your place!

Chris

Ted & Chris