New Host on airbnb

Deepesh0
Level 2
Kolkata, India

New Host on airbnb

Hi,Everyone
I am in kolkata,india. planning to host an airbnb for the first time.As I am still decorating the room,I thought it is time to check the pros and cons of hosting on airbnb.I would love to know your valuable inputs and experience of hosting.Specially from my indian fellow airbnb'ers as we share the same culture but I would appreciate any other hosts experience and inputs as well.Please help me get going......
Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3
Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

Hi, @Deepesh0, While you are decorating, make sure that everything you put in the space for the guests is not too expensive, because they can be damaged. Some of the furniture I use came from Craigslist, and the rest is nice and functional, but not so expensive I would die if it got damaged! For example, I bought small bedside tables from Amazon. They are functional and look nice, but it was only $42. For the pair of them. Keep in mind that damage from careless guests is always a possibility. I also add microwave, small fridge, coffeemaker and electric kettle. These things are very functional, much appreciated by guests and easy to clean. 

Hi,@kate ma'm....Thanks a ton for replying on my thread.I do have that in mind to not use too expensive things,but it's always nice to get confirmation from the senionrs.I was actually looking for some inputes on,what can I expect from bad guests?how can I handle them?and in case of damages what's the response rate from airbnb and how they response to the matter?

I absolutely appreciate your reply to me and continue to do so.Thanks in advance

Shekhar1
Level 1
Kolkata, India

All the best Deepesh on your decision to join Airbnb. I finished my listing today and it was a great learning experience. Once you are in it you will realise how user friendly the whole system is. I joined seeing the good points first, we’ll see the bad ,if any, when they come