New Listing does not show up in any search unless I am logged in myself.

Peter525
Level 1
Charlottesville, VA

New Listing does not show up in any search unless I am logged in myself.

Hi All,

We just created a new listing, and its marked as "Listed" in our Manage Listing section. We've set all the prices, and set the availblity dates. When I went to the Help section troubleshooting, it said it could find the listing.

However, if I use AirBnb with another browser where I am not logged in, I cannot find the listing. Also, if I am logged in, and do find the listing, it does not show any available dates if I enter a date range. We entered the listing 3 hours ago. Is there some kind of wait period before the AirBnb server posts the listing? We've added a payout method - is the account not able to take listings until this is approved? I cannot find ANY information that mentions a waiting period - it seems to just be "if your listing is marked "Listed", its listed!". We simply want to know if the listing is behaving normally.

This is the listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/19892290.  (Note: our first availabilty dates are in August, not July.)

Update: I tried to go directly to our listing in a browser that I was not logged in to, and I get a blue pop-up that says "this listing is no longer available". Yet, when I am logged in, it shows as Listed in my Manage section. 

No idea what the problem is. Very, very frustrating.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Peter525,

Welcome to the Community Center and to the world of hosting!

I have manged to find you when completing the filters. As you appear to be based outside of Charlottesville, I did need to move the map to include you area. I hope this puts your mind at rest. Lovely looking listing! 🙂

Screen Shot

Does this help?

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.