New Orleans- Hosts who offer other experiences with their rental

Amy322
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

New Orleans- Hosts who offer other experiences with their rental

Hi,

I'm an Airbnb host and my business often works with guests staying in Airbnb's.  I host private cooking classes in small kitchens around the city of New Orleans.

Many of our guests who book us, ask us for recommendations of properties to stay. 

I can only sleep a few people on my property and often times we have groups travelling together, some as big as 20 guests (who don't all want to stay together). Oftentimes want to be within walking distance of eachother. 

I'd love to find a way to reach out to properties in New Orleans who would be interested in allowing me to send referrals.  I'm also happy to share my info if any of your guests are interested in classes.

Please don't hesitate to reach out!

Amy [Surname hidden]
Langlois

9 Replies 9
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Amy322  Are you familiar with the Home Sharing Club in New Orleans?  If not, go to Discuss and select Home Sharing Club, scroll to New Orleans.  It might be a good way to connect with other hosts.  Good luck!

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Amy

Danielle-And-Greg0
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

Hi Amy,

We would be interested in getting people to your classes and helping with additional guest overflow. Where are you located?

We're checking the NOLA community also.

Hi Danielle and Greg, 

I'm in the Marigny.  But the cool part of what I do is that I travel to the guest's airbnb anywhere in the city.  Most guests choose brunch, and sometimes I'm their wakeup call LOL.  

I bring a magnetic burner and my own pots, pans dishes etc and usually cook a gumbo with the guests, for brunch we serve it with grits and then bananas foster crepes for dessert.  They get to learn all about our food, culture and cuisine, sometimes while still hanging out in their pajamas.  Then I pack up my stuff, trash, dirty dishes and all!   

Not sure if airbnb will allow me to put my contact info in this message- amy@langloisnola.com.  Our business is Langlois.  We do offer private small group classes in our property in the Marigny, but most groups love the luxury of having me travel to them.  Thats one of the many reasons why they choose to stay in a property that feels more like a home than a hotel.

I'd love to know more about your properties!  I have a group coming in April with 10-15 people and each couple wants their own bathroom. My suggestion was to rent multiple airbnb properties in the same area.  Please email me or message me.
Cheers,

Amy

Also I propose we do a NOLA meetup sometime during slow season 😉 

Veronica161
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

@Amy322 I just sent you an email. I've had several guests hire a private chef for in home cooking demonstrations at my house. I'd love to be able to refer the ones who ask. I just sent you an email and copied my property manager.  

My property is in the Bywater. Sleeps 08. 

[Link hidden]

Best,

Veronica 

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – to send a direct message here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send message']

Amy322
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Thanks Veronica!

Laurie0
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Hi Amy- I would love to connect with you to talk about opportunities to partner. I am uptown by Tulane Univ. I have 3 bedrooms in my home on AirBnB. Send me a message! Laurie M.

)

Hi , a bit off topic but since your a person who thinks outside the box like you reaching out to other hosts is brilliant i wish more host would understand the importance and value in getting to know each other and being able to refer guest if they don’t have the room , i just reached out to someone in my area and it took him a little time but he has agreed it’s great for both of us . 

My reason i am reaching out to you is different . I host in california will be going to the jazz fest in May . prices are pretty high even coming from san diego i was a bit shocked but great for you all , anyways hoping maybe to offer some lucky host a california vacation in august exchange for a few night stay at their place . We would still make reservations on airbnb and be legit just offer each other very deep discounts . i have before and it worked great for both of us plus i really feel it’s important for host to be guest sometimes and it’s also nice making a new connection with someone in the same business as me ( nobody else gets us or what we do ) i have suggested this to airbnb years ago but so far i don’t think it’s something that is easy to do . messaging other hosts seems shady and it’s not at all shady it’s a great idea and we’ll if you or anyone you know is interested please reach out . 

Kristin