New Phone App

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

New Phone App

A few days ago I received a prompt to download a new Airbnb Phone app!

I am having no issues with the existing app and every time Airbnb suggests I should update my site I can be sure that problems will follow!

Have other users received this phone app update and has it had any unwanted consequences? 

Things are going OK just now and I don't want to rock the boat as it were. Before I hit the download I would like to hear of others experiences!

Cheers........Rob

6 Replies 6
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Robin4 

I still haven't reveived the email from those high above (proclaiming a brave new world). 

At this rate my app request probably won't arrive until the Biden Presidency has ended.

Albert1844
Level 2
Redlands, CA

I got the new app and the performance/earnings are all gone. Can’t track how much money I make anymore. It’s weird they removed the most important thing

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Charles224  @Albert1844 

Thanks Charles and Albert, I am very suspicious when Airbnb tells me something is being improved.

I am finding the existing phone app, which I have used unaltered for the past 18 months works better than the current PC internet version of the program. 

Before I go hitting that "Update" icon, I want to know what little nasties the programmers have not taken into account this time! 

Can you imagine what would happen if the banking industry employed Airbnb's level of programmers to do their program upgrades? The world would be in total financial chaos!

Thanks Charles and Albert for your replies, I am hoping to draw on others experiences before I go any further with it!

I don't want to upset the apple-cart!

Cheers.........Rob

Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

I received the update and can no longer view my calendar. No matter what I do or what wifi I am on it will not load. I have also been getting intermittent alerts when someone books or sends a message. Sometimes I get a text, sometimes I don't. Frustrating to say the least. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jennifer1897 

Jen, this is what I feared, Airbnb programmers seem to be incapable of achieving an update without unwanted consequences.

I would really like a few more opinions but from the information I have received here I will ignore this update until I know I can be sure that 'Dufus central' has got the bugs ironed out.

Thanks guys for your help, that is what is so great about our community!

Cheers.........Rob 

Glad I'm not the only one who can't find my calendar!  I do the majority of my business via my phone and the app, and not being able to see an inbox or a calendar anymore is effing infuriating.