New Smart Lockbox TOOR

New Smart Lockbox TOOR

Have you guys heard of TOOR?!?!  They were on Shark Tank with this new lockbox that you control from an app!  Also available on Amazon, there are no codes or combinations to give out which can an uneasy feeling.  All access to the lockbox is generated through the TOOR app so you can add guests to your 'guestlist' so they can access your lockbox without you having to exchange keys or codes.  ALSO, you receive notifications on your phone when your guest opens and closes the lockbox.  No more wondering if your guest is checking out on time!!! I bought one and I absolutely LOVE it!!!  Check out their website www.toor.today

5 Replies 5

@Xavier163 I have never had the chance to use a lockbox, and I was wondering: doesn't the host still have the problem that the guest has to remember to return the key? I remember a number of hosts complaining that guests sometimes forget to return the key and take the key with them.

In what ways is a controllable lockbox a better solution than a smart lock?

(I only have experience with smart locks.)

Hey Matthew. I have also inquired about this same issue and had it happen to me. One cool thing about my TOOR is that it's kind of hard to miss hanging on the front door. (Not in an obtrusive way. All guests tell me how cool it looks!) So my guests have yet to forget to put the key back. But, after inquiry through the TOOR company, they said they're coming out with a TOOR key to use so you will know if it's not returned. Apparently, I will be able to set time limits and parameter settings so I'll get an alert when the key is outside of the parameter I set. Although using a Smart Lock/Keypad is convenient in some ways, I always had an uncomfortable feeling in the back of my mind when giving a code out.

@Xavier163 Those new features do sound good.

And I am glad they make a variety of products for hosts. Different people have different preferences, and I think it would be a mistake to think one solution would be ideal for everyone.

Thank you for letting us know about this cool product!

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Matthew285: We use a Schlage FE595 PLY 626 ELA Digital Keypad Lever/Lock. It has worked great for 3 years. Every guest gets a personalized keycode (the last four digits of the phone number associated with their account). Once they leave we delete the code and add the next guest. No keys to exchange or lose, no access after check-out. Its been the perfect setup.

Keys are a liability.

Jason961
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

The TOor looks promising.  but it doesnt have a code system.  I feel that there are still plenty of guests that will struggle with the smart phone app part.  I am really looking for a box that has a changeable code via smart phone.  I am searching all over and can't find a good one.  There is one on Amazon but the reviews are mixed.  its made by Masterlock, but still doesnt have 4+ stars.  and the reviews scare me a bit.