New TMK Registration requirement that Airbnb requires and Posts to public is dangerous

New TMK Registration requirement that Airbnb requires and Posts to public is dangerous

I have previously asked support for help about this danger and was lied to. Regarding your request to post our TMK numbers (property ID) for Hawaii you are exposing all owners to privacy violations by exposing their personal information to the public. As we all know, and Airbnb recommends not to post your unit number or personal information to  prevent scammers and fraud you are now doing exactly that! 

By posting the TMK number to the public anyone can search that number on the on the Maui County (for Maui properties) and not only see the exact unit number but also the owners full name, home address and personal information. This will lead to fraud, endangering all guests (as it will show criminals the address and unit numbers), exposing guests to theft, burglary and rape. AIRBNB WILL BE HELD LIABLE FOR ALL SUCH OCCURRENCES AND LAWSUITS.

I was told by the Airbnb customer service it would not be published, and I requested such determination in written email and was told I would receive it but never did. Airbnb is violating our privacy and exposing all guests and hosts to danger. YOU MUST BLOCK THE INFO FROM THE PUBLIC AT ONCE!

1 Reply 1
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Dan15577   I know that you are very concerned about your TMK number on this website.  However, you should know that just by virture of the picture of your condo street address, I was able to find your unit number(s) and your home address (name starts with Fan, in a city in Alaska, partners are Don and Donna) in a 5 minute search.  I did not use the TMK.