New To Airbnb but not new to renting!

New To Airbnb but not new to renting!

Welcome, hello everyone, I am new to the airbnb marketing site.  I have been in the vacation rentals business for 25 years, so not new to that world, only new to Airbnb.

I am branching out away from my cocoon of the HomeAway/VRBO world and trying out a new way of inviting new fresh energy and customer to my rentals.  I am very excited to launch and see where the new opportunties lie with Airbnb.  I welcome feedback, experience, and people excited with new opportunties.

2 Replies 2
Evelyn0
Level 10
Arkport, NY

Welcome to the Airbnb world. What did you like about VRBO? How do you think it will be different?

Perhaps a fresh new audience.  I have hesitated to branch out, as I have always like to have complete control of the entire process myself, from the reservation contact to the refund of the security deposit, that HomeAway/VRBO has provided.  I have had great success with HomeAway/VRBO, but they are implementing some changes, that may perhaps go in a more Hotel model set up than a vacation home rental model.  The two are very different.  
So, I felt it might be prudent to give AirBnB a try in order to branch out and open my opportunties.  AirBnB has come a long way and I like what they have to offer.  I would like to have the option for the 60 cancellation as it helps to protect the integrety of the reservation.  With vacation rentals, if someone cancels relatively last minute, its not that easy to fill that week.   At least that has been my experience with using HomeAway/VRBO, therefore, that's where the 60 day cancellation comes into play.    I know that many owners are looking for another option besides HomeAway/VRBO for vacation rentals for advertisement, since the proposed merger.  

Thank you for your welcoming post to me.

I look forward to my new experience with AirBnB.