New Upfront Pricing is BAD

Sean119
Level 10
Blue Hill, ME

New Upfront Pricing is BAD

This is a bad idea.   There is actually LESS information for the guest to see charges and how they relate. AirBnb will see less bookings as a result.  In a recent survey AirBnb asked "what would it take to solely list with AirBnb"...this is perfect reason why we currently DON'T.  Our listing will get more bookings @ $299/night versus the new "upfront" price listed @ $398.  

66 Replies 66
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Sean119 @Stephanie1933 @Debra300 @Zilla0 @Jan248 and everyone else,

I just thought I'd update you on this test - it is now concluded. We want to thank you all for your excellent and incredibly valuable feedback on this. 

We will be deprecating this following Resource Center article:  Why your nightly stay may look different)

Many thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie  There is no test conclusion in that article, only an explanation of why they are doing the tests, which I think we all were well aware of.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Sarah977 ,

Yes, I mistyped 😵💫 - the article is going to be deprecated. I will check in with the team that conducted the test and see when I can share the findings ☺️

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie Unfortunately what you wrote makes it sound like you know the finding and aren't yet allowed to share them.  

I wonder how a test like this one that lasted only  a few weeks could give any reliable data about an increase or decrease in bookings.  

My guess is the "incredibly valuable feedback" was a significant drop in bookings in the areas they rolled out this horrible idea.  

I still think the genesis of this was the idea to blur all the costs into one big number so that when ABB increased their service charges it would be near impossible to notice.  

Always follow the money.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Only on rare occasions  (maybe 3\700) has an interested person balked or even mentioned Airbnb's fee or a reasonable cleaning fee (<3%). So, I for one am glad this experiment is history.

Filip12
Level 3
Kraków, Poland

This is solely a Public Relation move. That’s all. Airbnb doesn’t want to be seen as the one who charges extra fees. So they’re trying to shove it all on hosts and hide it in the booking price. This way guests will think that it’s the hosts who make a lot of money („rip them off”) but they will not be aware of the hidden host fees 🤷‍