New at Hosting

Maria13879
Level 2
Dallas, TX

New at Hosting

Hello, I'd like to rent my RV travel trailer, but I need advice on where I would be allowed to station it to rent.  I live in Dallas, Tx and most RV parks do not allow me to park it to rent through airbnb.  Any ideas would be appreciated. 

5 Replies 5

@Maria13879  I've seen many listings for stationary trailers that are on the host's privately owned land - say, on a ranch or even just a large backyard. Depending on the local zoning laws, you might be able to find a vacant parcel that would be suitable for this. But inside a regular RV park, commercial usage is usually prohibited, and I'd be surprised if you found an exception.

FYI there are other peer to peer platforms that actually allow you to rent out RVs and trailers for mobile purposes, which is not an option on Airbnb. I have no idea how safe or profitable this is, but it's an option. 

Maria13879
Level 2
Dallas, TX

@Anonymous, thank you very much for your suggestions.   I'll keep researching  to find a good place that will profit.

Hopefully you find a place, we have a basketball group that goes to Dallas is in need of renting.  Love to hear more.  

My airbnb website airbnb.com/h/cozyhomeofcedar

Let us know your findings.

Trina385
Level 1
Rowlett, TX

You might try finding someone with a bit of land. With electricity and water they would allow you to plug into. Another option find a spot in the water in a camping area. Or try renting on rvshare.com or outdoorsy.com

Thank you very much for your advice Trina!  I will keep them in mind.