New bookings in London

in
London, United Kingdom
Level 4

Have hosts out there had any new bookings from mid march to mid april?..  has anyone found there are people stranded.. is there a silver lining?..  i've had 4 cancellations.. i am sure i'm not the only one.. any one?

3 Replies

Re: New bookings in London

in
London, United Kingdom
Level 10

Hi @Imogen23  i hope you are well.

I look after hosts listings all over central London, and it’s all just cancellations at the moment.

Across the listings I support I only had 2 stays last week- both guests came from within the UK, but now no new bookings and no guests due to stay for the rest of this month.

Sorry to say there isn’t a silver lining in any of this for anyone for the foreseeable.

How are you coping with the situation?

in
New South Wales, Australia
Level 10

@Imogen23  till borders open again we won't see any booking unless medical staff. It is why Airbnb had the duty not to wipe all our safety gear (refund)

in
London, United Kingdom
Level 10

I have one booking this weekend (although I expect to see the 'Sorry, they've cancelled' message imminently) and two more (an American and a Norwegian) next month. All others cancelled.

Thankfully, and against my better judgement, I took a Tuesday and Wednesday booking (for the next few months) a few weeks ago. 

I feel for those who've purchased properties to pimp out on Airbnb when it was clearly the Golden Goose.