New calendar

New calendar

The new calendar feature is very problematic for hosts. When 2 bookings are back to back, the new calendar makes it look as if the first booking ended a day earlier than it does. For example, if a booking ends on March 20 in the morning and the next guest arrives on March 20 in the afternoon, the calendar makes it look as if the first booking ended on March 19. This is because the new green bubbles don't connect and can't appear on the same day like they used to. It makes planning for cleaning services much more difficult and you now need to get into the detail of each booking to know what the actual dates are. It needs to be changed.

9 Replies 9

@Danielle-Jonathan-Antoin0 - if you have a suggestion for a change to the platform, you'll want to post it on Host Voice

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice

The best way to think about dates and your calendar is that you rent "nights" not days.  So when you see a booking, the green bubble goes through the "night" of the guest's stay.  On the desktop it looks like this: 

calendar booking.JPG

On an Android device, it's a little more subtle and the previous reservation tucks in behind the next indicating when one ends and the other begins but the green bubbles still crossover the night of the final stay (the calendar grid lines are a little light but still there):

20180320_084044.png

Are you seeing something different than this?  

It doesn't appear like this on my computer. It used to but the new calendar that just launched a few days ago changed it and the bubble that goes into the 24th on the images you provided would stop on the 23rd on mine. So it does not reflect accurately the booking.

This is howit appears on my computer. As you see, the booking ends on March 26 but, on the calendar, it appears to end on the 25th. And it's like this for all y bookings that are back to back.Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 8.59.14 AM.png

uh @Danielle-Jonathan-Antoin0 you are right , it really looks misleading... 

@Danielle-Jonathan-Antoin0 maybe it appears this way in certain browsers?

Which browser do you use? (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE)?

Does it look that same to you in a different browser?

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

I just had this issue yesterday and  completely confused the guest...and I keep a paper calendar which was correct, but the graphic made me doubt.

I thought it has me being senile.  I didnt have a guest coming in the next day and it was still misleading.

@Danielle-Jonathan-Antoin0 - I see.  I am using Chrome on a Windows 10 machine. 

When importing my calendar to Google Calendar, it shows up similarly to what you are seeing with the reservation ending on the last night they booked. 

google calendar view.JPG

Since I'm not sure if what you're seeing is a mistake or a coding problem, you can log a bug here: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/feedback, or if it is permanent, let me reiterate my first thought.  If you think of Airbnb as renting "nights" not "days" then the calendar makes sense.  So Janna's last overnight is the 25th and Oliver's first overnight is the 26th.  Agreed that I prefer the bubbles through the night to show check out date more clearly. 

If you do post a request for change in Host Voice, make sure you come back here and provide the link to it so we can vote it up.  

I spoke to someone at Airbnb who explained that, indeed, the new calendar was going with a new format and the bubbles representing the bookings would be ending on the last day/night of a given booking instead of jumping towards the next day and representing the check out date (which, I think, was more intuitive and much more user-friendly). In this sense, Airbnb seems to be aligning with corporate hotel practices. This can be fine but if it is the case, it is incomprehensible that they wouldn't have sent a message to explain the change because a lot of us rely on this tool and it now reads very differently that it used to.

Hi,

I'm searching for help with downloading AirBnB calendar to Google calendar. I wonder if is any option other then colors to name rooms calendar is refering to. I have several rooms listed on AirBnB. I copied links to Google calendar but I do not see which room calendar is for. Another problem is that I do not see names or phone numer of guests reservation is made for. I do not see option to block room on Google  calendar first instead bloking on AirBnB and seeing it then. Any help?