New description won't turn on the SAVE button

Answered!
Tamara0
Level 3
Portland, OR

New description won't turn on the SAVE button

I'm trying to edit my description with updated info but the save button is shadowed.

The only thing that seems to turn it back on is changing the interaction check list. I get an order alert sign telling me: "Please fill out all listing details to save your updates." but that's as far as I can go. I made sure there were no blank items. I tabbed through everything.

I have tried changing other parts of this form. I have tried shorting the description, removing and adding lines, nothing.

1 Best Answer
Eric4450
Level 2
Manchester, MI

Solution: The listing description is limited to 500 characters, including spaces. The other fields seem to have a bigger limit.

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Tamara0  Just a thought.. is there anything in red at the bottom of each section? It does this sometimes if there are too many words like this   -18 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Tamara0 

I had the same problem recently and found two issues.

@Ria16  is right but on the description section there is no character count. Try deleting some words and see if the save button lights up. (Cut and paste will not lose your words if that is the problem)

Second issue was I had a website to a local auction house in one of my sections. Until you click into the section and scroll to the offending area it doesn't show up as red.

Hope one of these helps

Yes, the first description in the top box has a character limit.  Even though I got a red triangle error that said I had to finish completing my listing first, it was actually there because I had exceeded the character limit.  

It used to show how many were left but it doesn't anymore.  So try deleting everything and type one sentence.  Be sure to save everything before you delete it to start over!

Scott1179
Level 2
Largo, FL

I'm having the same problem.  All fields have been filled out. I'm just not able to save my changes. Can someone from Airbnb help?

@Scott1179 Did you try the info in the post immediately above yours?

Yes, I have tried everything. I’ll try a different browser but have never had this problem.

Pilar1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I had a similar issue a few month ago, are you using the app? The only way to sort it out was to use a desktop to access my account and amend it that way. Hope it helps. 

I’m using a laptop through safari browser and still cannot save. I just did an update last month with no problem.

Wendy1077
Level 2
Bircher, United Kingdom

I am having the same problem. I can change guest access, interaction and public transport but nothing else. I have scrolled through all the descriptions and there is nothing in red. I can't even change a single word in the description.  

Edward487
Level 1
Tampa, FL

Same issue here, desktop, safari browser AND Firefox.   Typed in every field, no red feedback at the bottom of any listing.  I really don't know what else to do....Airbnb?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Edward487 cut your description down to a few words and see if the save button lights up. There is a character limit but unhelpfully no character count to show you have exceeded it.

I was having the same problem, and this was the reason. As soon as i reduced the words (enough) in my description, it allowed me to save. Why there is no word-count is beyond me.

Eric4450
Level 2
Manchester, MI

Solution: The listing description is limited to 500 characters, including spaces. The other fields seem to have a bigger limit.

Ed264
Level 1
New York, NY

@Eric4450 thank you! That was exactly it. It's beyond idiotic that Airbnb doesn't include a character count in that key field! Seriously. I could have lost all the changes I'd worked this afternoon on. If airbnb support monitors this channel, please include that as a bug fix!