New guests

Clau4255
Level 2
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain

New guests

Dear hosts: We are in a disastrous period for our work and economic activity, but we have already known that for almost a year. The loss of opportunity in the tourism sector in European countries has been very serious. I speak of Europe because it is where I experience it, but I understand that the whole world is very affected by this ruinous situation. I have been able to experience an amazing change in the quality of our guests lately. In the last 7 months I have not had tourists as guests, I have had people with very strange expectations and who do not resemble our regular customers at all. By this I mean that the quality of our guests has radically worsened.
I have had horrible experiences as a hostess that never happened in normal times. The worst of them ended with the intervention of the police, but, oddly enough, it was not the most negative. The most negative has been the one that made me lose my superhost level, because of an individual who only wanted to get a free stay from him. He, he Not only he made it. He was very meticulous in creating evidences that Airbnb found good. It is very sad that Airbnb did not support me and did not consider my review history. Nor did they do anything when this "fantastic hesped" sent me insults in the form of gestures within private messages. Clear! Only I can see them.
In short, as I was telling you, the profile of our guests has changed dramatically, as well as our income. The cheaper we have to sell, the worse the profile of our guests will be, but curiously they will also demand a lot more than a normal guest. I think it is time for Airbnb to consider this and pay more attention to what actually happens. We don't have tourists, but instead we have opportunists. The support we are given is not really enough, despite what Airbnb tells us. We put 80% of the infrastructure of this business, however I have felt that Airbnb has not taken care of me.

16 Replies 16

You'll get superhost back and so many people have said that being superhost has no impact on bookings.
I think the main upsetting point is, having to deal with dishonest and unfair hateful person.
I totally get it.
This kind of thing makes me lose sleep and it would make me sick.
I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Clau4255
Level 2
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain

Thank you Susan.