Stone Mountain, GA

New host

im a new host. Any advice is gladly appreciated

*[Post made into a new topic – title updated]

12 Replies 12
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Marvis1  You need more pictures 10-15, show the shared areas also. Remove the private living room from your amenities as your House Rules say it shared. Get shampoo a big bottle is fine and a hair dryer makes guests happy. Do you offer breakfast free as your amenities say? If not remove it. Your description needs more information. Change your cancellation policy to at least moderate so the guest has a reason not to cancel at the last minute without penalty. You are priced way too low do not use Smart Pricing. You are charging $20 for a couple with the 20% discount you're going to pay to host the guests and if you are actually serving breakfast you are out even more money. You need to raise your price to at least $30 for 1 guest and then $15 for the 2nd one. You have your bedroom listed as a common area, change it to bedroom as it's not in a shared space. That's about all I got at the moment lol... Best of luck!

Sorry, I'm creeping on your post.  Great tips though @Letti0.  Do you mind taking a look at my listing and giving suggestions?  

Thanks,

Dane'lle 🙂

@Casey-And-Dane-lle0  It looks good just a few things I would change or do. A carbon monoxide detector as of July 1st was on AirBnB's must have list. You do not have your kitchen checked off as an amenitiy,  you have one check it. As with @Marvis1 change the cancellation policy to at least moderate. Since you accept pets check it off also, but think very carefully on this. How do your dogs react to other animals? Mine would have a fit if another dog come on the property. You have a typo Smoking aloud should be Smoking allowed. Your price is good for what you are offering. Good luck and happy hosting. 

Thank you for the tips. I will make changes. 

@Letti0 Would love your advice on my new listing as well 🙂 If you have the time. 

Thanks so much!! 

Hi Letti!

I have applied some of your suggestions, and am working on the others. I just had my first reservation and it went well! Thanks!

I would also like to know where you apply the tax? I would like it to be upfront instead of asking once they come.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Marvis1,

Welcome to the Community Center and to the world of Airbnb hosting. 🙂

To make it easier to find your question and for the other conversation to continue, I've move and made your post into a new topic here in the Hosting board. 

I hope this is fine with you. 

Also, just to check have you seen @Letti0's tips here?

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi!

That's fine. I did look at @Letti0's tips and have applied some. I am still working on my photos. I am wondering how to market it to get people to book outside of ABB and then go on to book.

Ned-And-Laura0
Level 10
Simi Valley, CA

I HIGHLY recommend you spend the night in the space as though you were a guest.  Its amazing the little things you find wrong.

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Marvis0

When you are a new host, i think, from time to time, you would have questions that need answer. If yes, you could ask and i am sure that you would get many suitable answers. 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Kit36
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Good Morning,

New Host here. I am offering a room in a secure building.

How would you suggest meeting up with prospective guests?

If they are renting a room,  and a common space do we have a curfew for TV time or mornings? (We are early risers and want to be respectful of waking them, and or having the guest up at all hours.).

Breakfast, what do most people offer?

Shared common space, we only have one TV, do we allow the guests choice of programs? 

How are we compensated?

Anything esle we should be up to date on?

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your input and time.

Kit