New layout

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

New layout

The new community centre software layout does not make me happy.

To many bold fonts, fonts way too big and therefor less information on 1 screen then before (i use a desktop)

Is it just me feeling treated by the software as being visually impaired ? ;>)

15 Replies 15
Emiel1
Level 10

Talking about screwed.....even the layout is screwed sometimes:

Emiel1_0-1624576621857.png

@Emiel1  hit "ctrl 0" or " ctrl -"  a few times 🙂  To me, the font is too small so I have to hit ctrl +

Or maybe our layouts are not the same

Emiel1
Level 10

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

I am on 100% (normal) zoom (Ctr 0). But even when zooming in/out: the screwed one stays screwed.... Maybe the software displays posts with *bleeped*  words in it now in a screwed way  ;>)  So It is not a bug, it is a feature !

@Emiel1  LOL 😄

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Emiel1    I agree !   On my laptop screen, almost a half of the screen  is just the Community Center Logo, my name (when I'm logged in)   and a half inch x ten inch (2cm x 27cm) search box !

The bottom half allows me to see one message at a time. Not cool. 

@Branka-and-Silvia0  Thank you, I tried the Ctrl - and it helps, but the formatting is still all weird.  Way too much empty space. 

Even if someone says it was designed for phones not desktops, I had to scroll down 10 times  on my phone just to read this thread.

Back to my laptop: I got the text down to a legible size, but now I have three inches of empty space on either side. 

@Michelle53did you manage to get your laptop screen size fixed up?
We are now having that challenge down under in New Zealand, around 12cm of barren board on the right hand side when on full screen size.

If we have part screen size it's impossible to read anything and all we see is @Clara116 blue top!

I wasn't sure if I had accidentally hit a button I shouldn't have to cause it, then read your post!

@Annawhat's going on???

How can we fix this back to being able to read CC?
Thanks from a crisp damp morning in New Zealand

Enjoy the summer sun & swimming in the UK

@Emiel1 @Elena87 @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Stephanie 

@Helen427   All I managed to do is get the text size reduced. I have several inches of empty space on both sides, on my desktop. The layout appears to be optimized for cell phone. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

What is the point of all these changes, is what I'd like to know. It's like useless busy work. You'd think the techies would have something better to do with their time. 

Like fix all the ongoing glitches.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 @Sarah977 @Michelle53 @Branka-and-Silvia0 

Appreciate the feedback. These updates rolled out yesterday at 9am PST as part of an annual refractor for the platform which addresses things like speeding up load times, tidying up random code and, as you've noticed, some UI updates too. 

Please continue to report the bugs you find as my colleague @Anna is the lead reporting this issue back to the platform provider, Khoros. 

Many thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

Laser red coloured usernames contrasting on a white background seems unnecessarily jarring.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Stephanie  @Elena87  Yes, that red is not any sort of improvement. It's ugly.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Sarah977 ,

That change brings the CC more in line with the Airbnb branding - the red font and logo on white. It helps links stand out a lot more within the black text but because mentions are also links, they are also red.

What one considers ugly, others consider beautiful 😅 but appreciate your feedback nonetheless. 

Thanks,

Steph

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie  True, beauty is in the eye of the beholder 🙂

I wouldn't object to red. But it isn't  red. Elena calls it laser red, I'd call it neon pink, in any case, while it isn't jarring where it appears in other places, it is in the text of a post. IMO, of course.

Emiel1
Level 10

@Sarah977Yes, it is ugly. The interface looks now like a badly decorated Christmas tree. Too many different fonts and distracting colors .