New platform reviews

Scott46
Level 2
Casper, WY

New platform reviews

I just experienced a horrible guest. She reserved for 8 but the status was “awaiting payment “ She makes a fresh reservation, this time for 1 person. I wrote and asked her how many. She said 6 adults and 2 kids, so I asked her to modify the reservation.She arrives. She and her group of 8 stay. I send her a request for the 80 She refuses the request. When she leaves we discovered that someone has torn down ceiling tiles in the basement. She of course leaves a horrible review. I respond, but to my dismay my response is ONLY VISIBLE to those who push “see all reviews” So now she has added LIBEL to VANDALISM and FRAUD, yet only her review is on my Airbnb property page WITHOUT MY RESPONSE. Is this fair? I called and the kind man told me it’s the new platform!!!! ??? 

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Scott46  Oh great, another guest-centric feature. Well, only 4 reviews show without clicking on Read all 76 reviews, and I think most guests are likely to read more than 4 reviews if there are more to be read, and her review will disappear off that initial 4 once you get a few more reviews, but it is nasty that they would put that one there without your response.

On your profile page, it shows as it should, without clicking on anything.

In the future, don't let guests enter the property at all if they haven't already accepted the extra guest fees.

Sorry you had such a stinker.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Scott46 I think the review they left you breaks some of the rules as you are not in control of the allegedly sketchy neighbourhood or neighbour. I suggest you read the review rules and then ask Customer Services to remove it if it does not comply.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Scott46 I think it might depend on your device/browser because I see both her review and your response an soon as I look at your reviews on my Android device. If I saw that review as a potential guest, I would definitely click through to her profile to see the review you'd left her, and based on her two reviews and her responses to them I would ignore anything she had to say. She's clearly the guest from Hell.

And I totally agree with @Mike-And-Jane0 : this review breaks the rules by mentioning the safenesss of your neighbourhood. Contact Airbnb, cite the rules, and don't stop pushing till it gets removed.