New reservations are only going to my co-host

Michael1186
Level 4
Redmond, WA

New reservations are only going to my co-host

Since at least Monday (12/17), all new reservations for my property (we have three listings) are only going to my co-host. I can see the reservations on the calendar and that's it. They don't show up in Dashboard, Messages, Transactions, or anywhere else. Airbnb has just told me that they forwarded this to their tech department, but it's been 5 days now with no update. Anyone else running into this?

18 Replies 18
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Michael1186

Ir is a bug!

Remove the co-host from "main host".

The "main host" must be the "listing admin" until they fix it.

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Michael1186I've seen similar post about it yestarday so obviously is a bug as @Ricardo85 also said

SleepOver-Brisbane0
Level 5
New Farm, Australia

Yes...I have the same problem.

I noticed it on the 19th December.

I'm Primary Co-Host for many properties.

My partner is one of these properties & she cannot view the messages for bookings taken in her Inbox, but can see them on her Calendar...however, if she goes to view the booking, it comes up with you don't have access to this.

My Upcoming PayOuts shows many for properties that I am Co-Host for...

Nightmare in the making.

Why did they ever turn off split payments!

a

Pete17
Level 5
San Diego, CA

Has anyone heard any updates from Airbnb regarding this? It's happening to me as co-host for several properties. I keep stressing to Airbnb that this is a HUGE issue, and they keep saying they're working on the issue but don't know when it will be fixed. I don't even know where to start to explain this issue to the listing admin owners. I feel like Airbnb should take some responsibility and be transparent with the issue at hand. 

Lynn292
Level 2
Nashville, TN

I have the same issue with my unit and co-host. I am going to remove her from being a co-host and re-setup after a few days. It maybe a issue with using a co-host....hope not I can't manage this on my own.

AirBnB was no help...they closing my case number out because they don't know when it will be fixed.

You can simply set yourself as the main host, while keeping your co-host. That's worked for me. But still no word on when this will be fixed, or especially when they can move the reservations that are now only listed on my co-host's account back to mine.

Marjorie67
Level 2
Jonesboro, AR

I have been having this issue and they already closed my ticket .i have the beta now but i still have issues. I don't know how to report the bug to Airbnb without going to the feedback link. It is very annoying

Denis287
Level 1
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Is this still an issue?

It happened to me too a few days ago. I've got my wife down as main co-host and a new booking came through only to her. She can see it in the inbox and the reservations listing but I can't. I can see it in the calendar but if I click on it I get a "You do not have access to this thread" error. Since then we've not had any new bookings and messages about existing bookings seem to be working ok.

We rely on the fact that both of us get the messages!

I think it is still an issue. Updated my airbnb app and it is still the same issue

Jason239
Level 2
Fargo, ND

Yes, it is costing me lots of time and money!! It sounds like it all started December 17. Airbnb says I need to work with the cohost to get the payments back!! What a JOKE!

Kerstin105
Level 2
Massachusetts, United States

Same thing is happening to me.

Today after my 7th call they told me it has nothing to do with primary host status . Before today they claimed it was all about me not being primary host.

Anyway, they are working on this issue and will keep me updated.

I still can't communicate with upcoming guests and payments are going to the property manager.

This has been going on for weeks and it is very inconvenient. I could see some of the guests messages but some won't just show up. I have no idea why AirBnb isn't acting up quickly regarding this issue

José308
Level 2
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hello @Kerstin105. I've had the same problem. I had a new reservation after december 17th, at that moment co-host was primary point of contact and myself 'listing admin' as the system calls it.

I couldn't access the reservation, communicate with guests or get paid.  

When I became aware of this issue I became main point of contact. Still I could not view that reservation.

As I understand it, the reservations made between dec 17th and the moment I switched to main point of contact will be unaccessible. The new reservations made after I switched back to main point of contact will be visible.

It is very frustrating, I've lost that payment because my co-host didn't receive it either. Waiting for them to reverse the deposit. Plus they are not communicating this properly, they should have sent a message to all users instead they are waiting for conflicts to accumulate. I am going to open an account in another platform in the meantime. It is understandable to have issues but 2 weeks and lack of communications are not acceptable. The support tickets I've opened were closed automatically by the system...