New terms of service

Mariola---Marta0
Level 1
Warsaw, Poland

New terms of service

Can anyone explain what will be the different between New Terms of Service with AirBnB that are going to be introduced from 27th June 2018 and Terms of Service in place now? There is also Privacy Policy changing from 25th May.

Can anyone explain in simple words the changes please?

English is my second language and I struggle to plaugh through the legal semantics. I would highly appreciated your help.

Mariola

16 Replies 16
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Mariola---Marta0 ,

There is some information, which reflects the major changes. The second link is in Polish language:

https://www.airbnb.com/home/terms-of-service-event

https://www.airbnb.pl/home/terms-of-service-event

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Emiel1

Thanks Emiel, that's the sort of help that this community thrives on.

Cheers.....Rob

Marla12
Level 2
Washington, DC

IT IS OUTRAGEOUS TO SEND US A LEGAL DOCUMENT INSTEAD OF SENDING THE NEW CHANGES BY THEMSELVES OR TO BREAK DOWN IN A NUTSHELL WHAT THE NEW CHANGES ARE. POOR WAY TO TREAT THOSE WHO ARE MAKING ALL OF THE INCOME FOR AIRBNB

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Marla12 I know what you are saying Marla but, the changes do form a part of the legal stance of the company and the 'legal document' aspect of it is no different than what would have been worded if it was sent simply as a circular which many may have ignored.

Just a small observation if I may Marla. Try not to write your posts in 'Caps'....it makes you look like an angry person! The CC is an advice and chat service, and many cotributors tend to stay away from angry posts!

All the best Marla.

Cheers.....Rob

Hi There, after checking the links above I still feel there is a lot to be explained.

I would appreciate full disclosure with regard to the changes (why so many @ one time is something hidden there?)  so we would know what are the reasons for the changes... Need not be in detail but sure could help clarify things...

So every change simply listed with a before and after text and the reason for the change,,, That would really be user friendly... 

Now we just read terms like updated or upgraded and it tells us... Nothing... Bad Marks...

Can someone please explain why Airbnb is still demanding fiscal numbers (and providing them to governments) from clients in certain countries even when there is local legislation that explicitely forbids that.. Or is maybe that is one of the hidden changes?

Aaaaa

Cynthia182
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,

There's been a lot of discussion about this on our Airhosts Forum and many of our members have been confused by what all the changes mean, especially as the Terms of Service is difficult and long to read. I wrote a blog post here breaking down ALL the differences in Airbnb's new Terms of Service and what they likely mean. Please let me know if this is useful as well as what further info would be useful for fellow hosts to learn about. 

Wow Cynthia,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

This was just the overview we were looking for!

Airbnb should hire you (or at least pay you for) your excellent blog about this issue!

Thanks again.

On a seperate note I hope Airbnb will also adapt their terms once the EU privacy laws are in place... the 25th this month...

Best regards,

Fred and Marian

Cynthia, I want to say thank you so much. I was able to go through your blog post much easier, and understand things a little better about the changes. Thanks Kathy

NM

Thank you so much Cynthia! Very well explained. Really appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Shariq

Sastra0
Level 3
Bandung, Indonesia

Thank you so much Cynthia for your time and efforts! Greatly appreciated!

Sterling6
Level 5
Atlanta, GA

Regarding the July 1 changes: basically if your guest invites someone over you don’t know about and your house burns down, the Airbnb Million Dollar Host Guarantee won’t pay out. They also tightened up the binding arbitration rules. 

Robert862
Level 2
São Bartolomeu de Messines, Portugal

When my host logs on, she is being asked to Agree or Disagree to updated terms of service and payment terms of service but I am not being shown this message. As the owner, I should be asked to Agree or Disagree to this, and allowed access to the new terms. It's not a good idea to ask the Host to take this reponsibility.

Please can you help?

We need our host to run the site, so we have to move past this problem immediately as it's a very busy time now.

Thank you.