New to hosting with a pricing dilemma

Sue1880
Level 2
Ilkley, United Kingdom

New to hosting with a pricing dilemma

Hi. I haven’t actually listed my property yet but I have a question regarding pricing. I have turned smart pricing on but I have put my minimum price and maximum price at the same amount. (Not quite sure if this is the right way to go about this.) I would like to to raise the price for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day etc but I'm not sure how to do this. Can anybody help me? Many thanks.

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sue1880 you need to set the max price higher than the min for a start. If you don't you negate the function of smart pricing.

For Christmas etc just go into your calendar, highlight the dates you want to change and then put the price per night into the box on the right hand side. Don't forget to then save this price by scrolling down.

hope this helps

Thank you for the advice. I will do that right now.

@Sue1880  If you want to charge a set amount for times other than holidays (which it seems you do if you set the minimum and maximum the same), there is zero reason to use smart pricing, which according to many who have used it, isn't so smart.

Just set your normal price yourself, and manually change it for the days you want to charge more.

Sue1880
Level 2
Ilkley, United Kingdom

Thank you. I have changed it now.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Sue1880, @Sarah977 

Just a thought....

I have my min/max prices based on local market.  That being said, I also use Smart Pricing as another source of validating my pricepoint along with competitors  hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, etc.