Newbie question about mattress protecton

Ralph102
Level 3
Chula Vista, CA

Newbie question about mattress protecton

New host here.  I've read multiple posts about stains in the bedding.  Currently, we clean/steam the sheets between guests and haven't had any issues but I do worry about eventually getting a stain that goes through to the mattress.  So, here's my question to the group - what do you use for mattress protection that doesn't have that plastic sound when lying on it?  

Thanks!   

- Ralph

6 Replies 6

Hi Ralph.  I had the same concern.  I purchased a mattress protector on Amazon that had thin layer of fabric over the plastic barrier ($20).  I also added a thin,inexpensive topper ($15), some call it a pillow top, and I don't get any sound from the mattress protector underneith it.  In truth the fabric covered mattress protector would probably be fine on its own but I do get a lot of compliments on the comfort of my beds.  Everything is machine washable. Hope this helps!

Thanks @Karen1487 - would you mind sharing the link to the item on Amazon?

Much appreciated 🙂

-R

Sorry for the delay!  

This is the mattress protector I use.  Hope it helps!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003PWS9AI/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_PdbDCb81JY7PP

Donata12
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Hello,

i use very well padded covers that have never let a stain go through this far. Not only they are comfortable and fluffy, but they really protect your mattress! I have had bad stains but nothig ever got through.

I usually buy all my supplies for bedding on Amazon and this is the item if you want to check. I am not sure it will  be available though depending on location!

Sold by: Risar

Good luck!
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Ralph102

This is what I use on all bed. They have worked great so far. I put another fitted mattress pad on top. This is basically just to cover and hold the mattress. It does not sound like plastic in the least bit, at least not with another mattress pad on top. 

https://www.amazon.com/Utopia-Bedding-Zippered-Mattress-Encasement/dp/B00U6HREPQ?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Mattress protectors have come a long way and while the cheap ones will sound like plastic, are made of a soft vinyl while only covering the top the higher end ones are a full encasement and will protect from bedbugs and water dripping through to the mattress.  I bought a really nice one off Amazon that feels like a woven cloth material that completely zips around the mattress. It does have a bit of a soft crinkly sound but you get used to it once it gets worn in. The zipper did end up failing on me and this idiot of a guest ended up spilling red candle wax on my sheets and the encasement caught all of it. So i just had to charge him to replace the protector and not the mattress. 

In conclusion, its an investment you buy before something bad happens that pays for itself the first time around. 

Good Luck.