Nightmare Customer Service in Manila, Philippines.

Kathleen112
Level 3
San Rafael, CA

Nightmare Customer Service in Manila, Philippines.

I am a longtime Superhost and I host and co-host multiple listings and I just spent almost 50 minutes trying to get a simple issue resolved, and it was an absolute nightmare dealing with the Manila office of ABB. I don't want to get into the ugly details, but suffice it to say that they refused to resolve the issue once they determined what had happened. 

I am beyond belief at the incompetence of the woman I spoke with, and it is making me re-evaluate keeping my 9 listings on ABB. Seems that perhaps other listing companies might be a little more customer-service oriented than ABB has become. If this is how they treat Superhosts (who are supposed to get exceptional treatment when calling in, HAH), I shudder to think what a non-super host or guest must experience when calling them. 

I asked to speak with her manager, and then our call was cut off mid-sentence. When I called back to continue speaking with the manager, I was told that he could only be ID'd by the woman who couldn't help me, and she was on another call. The 3rd person I spoke with told me that the manager would call me back. And yep, you guessed it. CRICKETS. 

Kathleen 

18 Replies 18

Its just the worst. Philippenes customer service is a complete nightmare and worse than none at all. Really time consuming and costly in lost revenue/bookings for Superhosts with several properties. 

I'm a Superhost co-host in Airbnb's city, and I am currently in the middle of this offshore support nightmare! They have been ineffective in intervening to resolve a request from a guest for a ridiculously high amount of money after she left, and for my request for a few dollars more for additional laundry housekeeping had to do in two trips, which we clearly state in our rules when laundry exceeds number of guests. I uploaded photos and text messages from housekeeping when the guest uploaded a photo of a spider in the tub in a mountain property. Support said they wanted a written invoice from me the extra cleaning but had no way of uploading it. Guest has no other photos or proof that she tried to contact me during her stay to address her concerns, yet Airbnb is continuing to discuss this with her. I knew from the accents over the phone that I was talking to the Philippines. Also explains why I'm now receiving hang up calls from them at 5:30am  along with text notifications all night long. They have NO clue how to do what I, as a host, have been doing for years in Airbnb. I argued with them that they were not even following their own written rules or mine! This is getting too hard. It's been so many hours of time for a little 2-night guest. Support should have immediately denied this guest request for an over 1-night's stay refund due to not contacting me or Airbnb the first night or Airbnb when I would have happily agreed to the refund if she vacated the next day. I agree with possibly looking at other hosting services if this continues as it's negativing any money I can make here. 

Dennis674
Level 2
Australia

The service of the Philippines call centre is absolutely appalling and shocking! They do not understand what customer service means! They give you the run around and do not care about your issue, they try to wear you down with copy/pasted standard texts in messages until you give up, this is their ploy, they are all about a very bad work ethic and very low service standards that has no place in Australia or the Western World. The service is so bad that I am now looking at shutting down my account and never to use Airbnb again! The word is spreading fast and with such poor level of service a lot of people are choosing NOT to use Airbnb and moving to other platforms that have platforms in Australia or the US/UK. The Philippines call centre simply do not hold the same values, ethics or customer expectations and standards we have in the West, these are the facts. Airbnb should be ashamed of themselves, you are ruining a good product at the hands of your Filipino Call Centre staff! Do you not understand that no matter how you train them they will not change their attitudes because that's how they are plus they are able to get away with it because the US Managers are turning a blind eye to it! Get rid of the Philippines call centre or many will leave your brand until no one would want to use Airbnb anymore! Absolutely disgusted! 

Overall the company does not support hosts. They made the steps to decline guests longer. There is a reason why Airbnb is disliked by cities around the world. The platform needs to be more protective of Our assets and safety. The rating system is ridiculous. Asking someone about the value of the stay is crazy because guests are booking with us to save they have no idea about the cost of doing business in the city  

overall the character of guests has declined it is not the same as 6 yrs ago since I started