Ninth tip for great guest review. It really works!

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

Ninth tip for great guest review. It really works!

Register guests to local authority is mandatory in my country so I have to take their ID information. So I notice that my current guest has a birthday today and I decided to buy a little gift and put it on my apartment door handle. So let see if this tip working and wait for the review:).

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Eight-tip-for-great-guests-review-It-really-works/m-p/241944#M...

5 Replies 5

That was an excellent idea and I will do it when my guest happens to have her / his birthday !!!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Blagoje0...What a great thoughtful host you are mate! I think that is a wonderful gesture and it sure will get you a great review.

I did something a bit similar late last year. We don't routinely see guest ID here but I found out the guest was having a birthday so I made a cake! I didn't make any mention through the day but that evening we invited her and her partner for a cheese plate and drinks and as it got dark I lit a mess of candles around the rear garden and produced this cake. She cried and said it was one of the best birthday surprises she had ever had!

DSCN2115 (640x480).jpg

Yeah, it got the required review.....

Good on you Blagoje you are a 'Host'!!!

cheers.....Rob

Sara265
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

@Blagoje0 , I read all your tips for getting better reviews . I have a lot of 5's but all my last ones (5 guests) are 4.  I do pretty much all you reccomend. Any other suggestion you can think of? reason why it may be that they give 4?

Thanks for all your input. most helpful!

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

Thanks @Sara265 for reading and using my tips. 

I see that some guests mentioned small room. I suggest you edit your photo title of a bedroom and instead double room, write small, clean and cozy double room. I see you have it stated in Other things to note section, but unfortunately some guests do not read the descriptions they just looking at pictures.

You may try my seventh tip

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Seventh-tip-for-great-guests-review-It-really-works/m-p/237672...

,and since you share your accommodation you can buy a souvenir and wrap it along with thank you note and give guests personally on check out day. Tell them to open a gift when they arrive home. Of course guests will unwrap as soon as they come out, but I think it will bring a better review.

Just to mention, reading your reviews I would book your accommodation without hesitation.

Happy hosting Sara!

Thanks so much @Blagoje0 , your feedback is most valuable.

I will do as you suggest!

Thanks again!