No Experience Hosting in the Superbowl 2018 Host City?

Amy345
Level 2
Woodbury, MN

No Experience Hosting in the Superbowl 2018 Host City?

Hello,

I would like to add 'Experiance Hosting' to my portfolio but Airbnb doesn't have any in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area. 

Don't you think Airbnb is missing out big time especially with the city hosting Superbowl LII in less than 3 months.

Does anyone know what Airbnb look into before starting Experiance Hosting in cities?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5
Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

With in time things will get bigger they are a brand and we as product have to show them that our product is great as will is there brand thank you for sharing 

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Amy345 @Edwin57 I also try to forecast what ‘ large’ events will bring in revenue wise. Let’s look at the super bowl. Basically one week of bookings for this event, if you’re lucky. Maybe more like Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So three days at your max room rate...yawn. The Super Bowl is an all corporate driven short term event. I’m looking for people to stay a while. Let’s look at the olympics, same deal, roughly two weeks at maximum occupancy. Now that starts to make it a little interesting. Where my rental is located, we have the Coachella music festival and the Stage coach country music festival in April. Those events sell out three of the four weekends in April at max rate, very nice. I guess what I’m saying is, if you are looking at maximizing your revenue on an event driven basis, know the event and what are the demographics. Some events are true winners but others are just all hype and I suspect the super bowl is hype. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

How would this be an experience rather than a regular stay? Do you have tickets?

David

@David126 No I don't have tickets. This was the 'Experiance' I was refering to in my post. 

https://www.airbnb.com/s/experiences?refinement_path=%2Fexperiences

@Amy345

So what sort of Experiance will you be offering?

David