No bookings in high season?

Florencia0
Level 6
Buenos Aires, Argentina

No bookings in high season?

August is high season here and I almost have no reservation nor a single inquiry 😞

I can´t see what am I doing wrong. I have checked other listings and they have healthy bookings for the upcoming months.

Worried!

11 Replies 11
Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Florencia0 did you check how much your competitors are charging? Do they have more amenities? I think the key is to do research and then *play* with the listing, add more photos, update the listings, offer more amenities, reduce price.

Florencia0
Level 6
Buenos Aires, Argentina

@Farah1 I have done all that you mentioned and still nothing 😞

My reservations suddenly stopped! So I'm very concern if people are able to find my listings.

@Florencia0 I tried to search your 1st place for Aug 14-16 and it is not showing up. I think you should contact airbnb about this to make sure that your listing is published.

Florencia0
Level 6
Buenos Aires, Argentina

@Farah1 Something is definitely not working in my account. Just a few minutes ago I got a strange and inquiry from someone asking to stay in my place from JUNE 12th to Ago-20th. The strange thing is the obvious thing that we are on July 20th and he wants to stay his stay on June-12. He mentioned his travels dates TWICE and he is a guest with 11 reviews.  I replied to him asking what he meant to say with his travel dates but I didn´t get a reply yet. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Florencia0 this year is slower for all hosts arround the world bc every day new properties are popping up...

I check competitors in my area from time to time and I see few factors which determine how much are they booked:

instant booking

price

pictures and decor 

free parking

minimum stay

...and if they host children or not

not necessarily in this order

Sean119
Level 10
Blue Hill, ME

Not sure why the dates for 2-night min are July x-Aug 8 if that is high season (and then you normally have 3-night min).

Maybe try a 2-night min for all of Aug?

@Florencia0

I tried to check out your listing (by viewing your Airbnb profile) and got a " 500 Internal Server Error" message. 

Deborah82
Level 10
Toodyay, Australia

Hi, Might I suggest that you add a link to your booking here? We can then have a peruse and make some suggestions. 

Just a thought. 🙂

Edited to add: Have you also checked out the tips and tutorials page? They have some fab suggestions going there to try. 

And in my first year of listing, I also perused the other listings in my area, and made sure that I undercut them by ten dollars. It's amazing how much of a difference this can make to your listing.From this I obtained a steady stream of guests. I'd much rather a few dollars less and be booked, than a few dollars more with no bookings. The other properties in my area had all been running for years, and had a pretty good clientele. We are also in a tourist area, so I knew that it was a pretty smart move to make until such time as we had reviews up on our site. I now charge at a mid-range price.

Loving the Airbnb community and it’s diversity❣️
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

No current listings showing.

David

@Florencia0 

I went to your detailed profile and scrolled down to the bottom to your reviews. I clicked on the names of your properties and they did come up. 

They are so beautiful. Made me want to plan a trip ! 

Thanks Kittie! I always open to improving things but I don't think there is something terribly wrong with my listing that could justify no bookings in high season.

However, I do see a change on the way listings are now arranged which now favors underpriced listings and that would explain the lack of views/exposure I have and of course the later choice for guests that would certainly see my listings as wrongly price when in fact is the lowest price I believe I should charge for the quality/service I deliver. I'm not very happy to see that even 4 stars listings with bad reviews, bad response rate are taking higher positions just because they are selling themselves cheap.

Is that's all about Airbnb then? Just a site to find bargain accommodations? What about quality, being up to attend your guests in the best way, making them happy, and that kind of things? Isn´t that important anymore? I would wish to know this before so I would not invest too much money and time trying to make my guests get an unforgettable trip. Seems that a spartan place paired with a no responsive host but for a bargain price is what Airbnb is looking for nowadays.