No communication/Late

Maria47
Level 2
Ballston Spa, NY

No communication/Late

How would you handle this:  

I have a reservation scheduled since at least a month ago.  At that time, the person stated they would be arriving in the early afternoon today.  When I sent a message yesterday to confirm the time of arrival, I didn't get a response.

It's now 4:45pm and I have still had no luck reaching my guest.  I have plans from 7-11pm tonight.  Her phone goes to voicemail and she is not responding to messages on Airbnb.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Maria 

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Maria47,

You could contact Airbnb and maybe they will reach out to your guest.  Have you tried texting or calling them?  Their phone number should be listed on the itinerary. 

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

I have tried calling her all approximately 4-6 times per hour all day. She said she'd be here in the early afternoon, so I made plans for the evening. She hasn't responded to either of my messages on Airbnb either.
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Maria47 Is this an international guest? Sometimes they turn their phone off while travelling.  If they don't respond prior to your having to go to your appointment, contact Airbnb as @Dave-and-Deb0 mentioned.  I once had a guest from Taiwan who didn't answer any of my phone or text messages...I had to cancel because of an emergency.  Airbnb finally reached them and made alternate arrangements.  

Just so you don't feel alone, my guest arriving today said he'd be there between 12 and 1 pm.  Finally reached him...he'll arrive at 4!

And, he's a host!! Should know better!

Hi @Maria47

You need to plan for this kind of events... maybe a snowstorm or traffic is holding up your guest...

Get a lockbox or ask a neighbor or the deli on the corner if they can help to handle the key when you are away... We use a keypad style lock on our houses... We just need to provide the code to the guests...

Luis