No family friendly filter

Andrea220
Level 3
Jackson, MS

No family friendly filter

I do not accept infants and children at my listing but I recently realized Airbnb has removed all ways a family could search for a family friendly listing. Instead, I show up in the search as a viable option for two adults and three infants in a bedroom inside my home. Even if I was family friendly, this would far exceed the occupancy capacity of the bedroom. I suggested the most recent inquiry search for "family friendly" and he had! That's when I looked and there is no place to select any of the family amenities even though Airbnb asks me to update my amenities regularly to attract a wider audience (like families). Why would they remove this? I'm sure it is frustrating for families looking for somewhere to stay too.

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Andrea220  I just checked and you are right. House rules filter includes only pets and smoking. My listings also appear in search when adults, children and infants are selected. To make it even more frustrating for guests, house rules are placed on the bottom of the page so they have to open and then scroll down each listing to see if it is suitable for kids. This is crazy!

Airbnb should really stop messing around with its platform and finally concentrate to detect and correct all the glitches

a few years ago there was a "Family circle" with kids-friendly listings. It was a great and useful feature, I am sorry Airbnb decided to remove it

I am having the same issues, guests bringing children do a search with children in the search parameters and it shows them my property even though I do not allow children. Told the guest to put in children, he said he did, I checked and indeed he was correct, the search shows my listing when you put children in the search. It is now Jan, how could this still be happening? I have to decline a lot more bookings now because of this issue. Also guests can no longer search for pets or family friendly in the filter area. There are no house rule filters anymore, only smoking. Why would Airbnb do this, it literally makes no sense. Families should be able to do a search and add number of people and children and ONLY see places that allow that many people and allow children, it used to work this way, now it’s broken. This is frustrating for both guests and hosts.

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Andrea220 there used to be filters for business travelers, family friendly etc. They are all gone. I have no idea why. It was actually a great idea. 

I would love to see:

1. Romantic getaway (good for couples, has certain amenities like a fireplace or hot tub)
  2. Family friendly (accepts infants and kids, open to larger groups, has amenities like toys and a crib)
  3. Pets are family (allows pets, leaves poo pick up bags/trash can or other pet amenities)
  4. Remote work friendly (has fast WiFi, dedicated work space)
Anne226
Level 4
Falmouth, MA

Wow… I now know why I keep receiving requests from families with children! I went back and forth with Airbnb today about this, showing them how I show up when kids under 12 are selected (I don’t accept kids or pets) but am filtered out of search results when pets are selected. Why is Airbnb requiring us to deny inappropriate bookings when it can be avoided?’ FRUSTRATING!