No longer able to see how many stars I've been given by specific guests...

Tim26
Level 5
Leicester, United Kingdom

No longer able to see how many stars I've been given by specific guests...

Is this an actual change Airbnb has made?  I can only see percentages now, not numbers of stars - which means I can't work out what each guest gave me...

I know Airbnb are probably trying to make us more blind as hosts (sarcasm on: why would we need to know what star rating a guest gave us?!) to make it more fair - but I do need to know if someone gave me 1 star for cleanliness for example - then I can relate it to the actual booking.  With so many bookings under my belt, the percentage tells me nothing really.  

For example - I've gone from 85%to 84% on something... does that mean the guest gave me one or four stars?  Without developing a sophisticated mathematical model (which by the way doesn't work due to Airbnb employing poor rounding - I tried!), I'm now only able to tell if they didn't rate me 5 stars.  That's not helpful!  I used to be able to see whether someone was just being unfair (the one star guests) or if they had a point (the four star ones, usually).  

Now I'm blind so can't improve on anything because I'm not getting the feedback!  Answer please Airbnb?

6 Replies 6
Raffaele-and-Astrid0
Level 10
Coogee, Australia

Hi @Tim26

I'm glad that you wrote the same thing of me, this mean that there is a issue on the system.

I agree, only percentage are useless, stats page like this mean nothing, it can't help anyone for self improvment.

When happenend that the guest gave us low rating, I asked in the same day "why", and this help us to improve that specific area, cause we knew where and why we get 4 or 3.

Now is just a big avarage, incorrect, more or less, yep you are good, 83%,  ..things. 

The only reason for replace the number could be, that hosts around the world had big arguments with guest about the rating, because unfortunately some people can't take criticism. 

anyway see what happen now. 😕

Cheers Raf

Have you noticed that each review now has a star value displayed next to it? It is only for overall rating though...

HI @Andrei9
yes I noticed, but is not enough for me, actually don't give me any statistcs or feedback at all, is just like a memo like: hey Carl gave you 5 stars 10 months ago.... ok, so? 😄

useless feature.

Cheers

Raf

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Does anyone know if this is an actual change or just a temporary glitch?

If this is an actual change, I simply don't understand the logic. According to other discussions on these forums, the process for rating hosts has become much more detailed, with guests being asked to judge our listings on 'smells' and 'noise'. Why then, would we as hosts be granted even less information about how we're being rated? Also, shouldn't Airbnb inform users when they make these sort of changes?

When guests provide this new additional feedback, e.g. they mark noise as a problem, the hosts will see that as a private feedback. However I'm still confused what problem is being discussed here. Yes, the percentages are now displayed instead of counts, however you can see the star rating for each  single review.

Chad-and-Char0
Level 8
North Vancouver, Canada

On one of my listings I get "Great work! Your last 8 ratings were each 5 stars" and then the percentages for that catagory.  If they havve given us less than 5 stars, it doesn't say anything.

On my other listing I don't get anything, just the percentages, which as you say, aren't helpful.

I get a fair few people looking to book another stay with us, and I only accept guests who have given us 5 stars in all catagories (and who I have given 5 stars to in my review of them), and now I can't tell for sure.