No money (no pay out from airbnb) - no toilet paper for the guests?

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

No money (no pay out from airbnb) - no toilet paper for the guests?

We observe huge delay with payments starting from 28 of february 2020. The problem repeats with each single payment comming (or, better say, not comming) next. Does that mean, that airbnb guests will run out of toilet paper, internet, electricity worldwide?

---

I had 2 tickets closed by airbnb workers without asking. Now I have 2 eng/russian speaking tickets opened. Both are not giving answers. 48 hours after guests arrival. No money again. The problem repeats from one order to another.

3 Replies 3
Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

I also asked russian speaking operator what should I answer to the guest if he runs off such facilities as: toilet paper, electricity, internet? I got the answer: "Answer anything you want  Do you want me to get your payment completely frozen?" If to rephrase, "do you want not to get any money at all"?

Very funny. Taking to account that we also run 50 flats on airbnb (which is significant ammount of money), and we have huge delays, which we are not able to compensate to the direct owners in time, as we are not bank or charity organization. All tickets are shut down without giving answers. Whats going on?

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Olga464 

"Lost"/delayed/missing payouts are nothing new - been going on for years - but there's been a significant and prolonged escalation of withheld payouts over the past number of months, with Airbnb  simply stonewalling hosts and abruptly closing their support tickets, without even the courtesy of an apology or an explanation, rather than paying them what they're owed. 

Whatever the reasons - "glitches"/sheer incompetence/other - their little habit of withholding hosts' earnings for unacceptable, and often extensive, periods of time, has gotten totally out of control.

When hosts start reporting the multitude of financial irregularities on this platform to the media and to the financial authorities/regulators n their regions, then and only then, will there be any hope of Airbnb being forced to bring an end to their insidious practices in relation to routinely depriving hosts of much-needed payouts that are rightfully theirs. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Missing-Payouts/td-p/743496/page/20

Well, we view it only starting from 28 of February 2020. Before we had no complains. All in time.