No more free Professional Photography by Airbnb

Zee-And-Lyna0
Level 2
George Town, Malaysia

No more free Professional Photography by Airbnb

Hey all!

I just contacted a professional photographer around my area to arrane for a professional photography.

Guess what? No more FREE professional photography for hosts after 28 June 2017. This will take place globally. 

Well, try your luck to book for a free photography TODAY, and get the photographer to upload those photos before the end of June. 

I was lucky that my photographer agreed to post it up soon, so as i won't get charged.

The rate also depends on the region.

All the best!

Zee

7 Replies 7
Sierra8
Level 1
George Town, Malaysia

Hey thanks for letting us know about this!

I shall get one arranged soon enough!

@Zee-And-Lyna0

Absolutely - thank you for letting us know!

This is a great example of a change to an Airbnb service or policy that should have been announced and posted in the new 'Updates' forum room.

Best Wishes 

You can still get free professional photography if you've been a host for a long time. You're essentially grandfathered in.. atleast in many marketplaces. It worked for me. Just call and talk to an airbnb rep

not for my place in New York. 😞  they didn't even offer a list of airbnb photographers , in Manhattan of all places!

Nope. Just tried calling. Sad! 

Chelsea18
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

Do you have rights to use the photos off site though? I know before photographers were only allowed to upload directly to the listing and could not e-mail the photos, but I wonder if that's different now that we have to pay for it. 

Unfortunately, no.  You pay, they approve the photos and upload them on your side.  All you can do is rearrange them.  Not a good option anymore, if you ask me.  I live in hot market area in LA and they do not offer the free photography service anymore or names of photographers to use.  But, googling freelance photographers who worked for Airbnb is the way to go.  They can't force you to use their service.  It's terrible!