Answered!
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

No more payments to co-hosts?

Well this totally sucks... 

Capture.JPG

1 Best Answer

@Roxy1  the payouts will go to whatever payout method you have.

You can also set rules (e.g. 50% -> X account 50% -> Y account)

Airbnb used to have a % goes to CoHost &/or Cleaning Fees

The routing rules will only do a % of the total...ie a % of the cleaning fee.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/article/1315/how-do-i-manage-more-than-one-payout-method

Hope that helps 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

368 Replies 368
Roy0
Level 2
Oak Park, MI

Any news about bringing back the co-host feature? I just read about the split payment feature, seems that might work for me since we don't have cleaning fees (baked into the price)

Mike949
Level 1
Squamish, Canada

Have any co-hosts noticed that you cannot even view a guests payment information anymore? I have been doing the accounting for a joint property and now I can’t even see the payment breakdown of each guest. This literally just happened (Dec 2018). 

Hi Mike,

Yes!

This issue is not just about being able to see the payout info...

In my case, when I accept bookings for my Host, they cannot see the messages & when they click on the reservation in their calendar, it comes up with "You don't have access to this".

I am also getting payments for the properties that I co-host for, when those payments should be going to the owner / host.

As a co-host, I was not previously able to request monies or send it to a guest...only the Host could do that.

However, with this bug in Airbnb, I can.

What a mess....wish they had never turned off split payments!

Best to contact your host for info on payments to complete your accounting + check your upcoming payouts in the transaction history, as you may see that some of the Hosts payments are coming to you.

There's been mutiple threads on the Community about this & I have contacted Airbnb multiple times, but think they just don't know & are looking into what change they performed for this error.

No messages from Airbnb have been provided about this mistake, which leaves us all in suspense of when they will fix it.

Cheers,

Craig

Jenny634
Level 1
Suffolk Park, Australia

Hi there,

Can someone please tell me if the co-host automatically gets there share sent to them directly and is this called the "Service Fee" or is that something else?

Thanks in advance

Jenny

@Jenny634 as discussed at length in this thread Airbnb no longer pays co-hosts. The service fee is Airbnb's cut.

Peter1715
Level 2
El Cerrito, CA

Hello - Is this still the case?  I called airbnb support to have them show me how to send the cleaning fee 100% to my co-host.  He said it was possible, but then he nor his supervisor could figure out how to actually do it in the system.

How do we ask airbnb to actually TRAIN their support team?  I would say I get 2 out of 20 calls where the person can actually help me with anything.

Thanks for any insight on the two matters at my hands..

Roxy1
Level 2
Stellenbosch, ZA

Hi

Is it still the case that you can't split the payments to cohost. I am a new primary cohost and haven't had any bookings yet 

I want to know where will the payout go? 

Tia 

@Roxy1 it is still the case.

@Roxy1  the payouts will go to whatever payout method you have.

You can also set rules (e.g. 50% -> X account 50% -> Y account)

Airbnb used to have a % goes to CoHost &/or Cleaning Fees

The routing rules will only do a % of the total...ie a % of the cleaning fee.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/article/1315/how-do-i-manage-more-than-one-payout-method

Hope that helps 🙂