No notifications the last couple to 3 weeks.?

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

No notifications the last couple to 3 weeks.?

I haven't been getting any notifications to my phone, even tho it's all turned on.  Just wondering if it's also happening with anyone else out there.?  I happen to check my email now and then and I see bookings or inquires there.  I'm sending apologizes for late replies even tho it's only an hour or so.  It's getting really frustrating.! 

5 Replies 5
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Wende2 

I find the Airbnb notification system super glitchy and I've had a lot of guests tell me they don't get them either. I do get some notifications, but not all of them and not always on time.

I also have everything turned on (push notifications on the App, text messages and emails). While the emails come through, the push notifications and texts are extremely erratic.

Most often I do not get the first notification RE a booking request or enquiry (only the email) at all. If I miss the message somehow (i.e. the guest sent it late evening and I forgot to check my account/emails on the off chance before going to bed) I will get notifications reminding me to respond 12 hours after the request/enquiry. So, the notifications are pretty useless. I instead make a point of checking myself last thing and first thing.

After that, I tend to get most of the messages, but sometimes there is a time delay, i.e. I've already responded by the time the notification comes through.

I have reported this to Airbnb numerous times but they just ignore me. I've been told it must be my phone and to delete and reload the App. This doesn't make any difference. Anyway, I have had three phones (Samsung, iPhone and Huawei) since I started hosting and have always had issues with notifications. Also, that doesn't explain the lack of text messages, which I assume have nothing to do with the App.

Last time I reported it to Airbnb, which was recently, they just ignored me.

As you are getting no notifications at all, you could try reinstalling the App. Perhaps it will work. If not, you could try contacting Airbnb, but as I've had no luck with that either, I've just learnt not to rely on the notifications at all.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Wende2 

Another example. I received an instant booking at 11.55 am. It is now 1 hour and 10 minutes later and there is no notification and no text message (only the email). 

However, when the guest messaged me again, I received the notification straight away.

Seems it's the first contact that I never get notified about. So weird.

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

@Huma0   Hi.......I tried everything then a friend said "did you turn your phone off and on?", nope never ever think to do that.  After going back in and double checking the settings I notice one wasn't on, turned that on, turn the phone off for a while, and yesterday I did get a reply notification jingle from today's guest, I'll see how long this lasts.  And yes same here with the delay, I'm done repelling onto something else and I get the pop up from abnb.  

Thanks for repelling, it's always nice to hear what others are putting up with.  Hope you can figure something out to get the notifications, I'm just glad I can check my mail while out and about.

Have a nice weekend.!

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Wende2 Way back, I got a tip from someone that has proven useful. Go in to your notifications and uncheck then recheck all the boxes. It resets things somehow. It’s worked for me every time. But phone notification glitches are frequent enough that it gets to be a pain. There’s also so many possible reasons for glitches.i.e. if two notifications from different sources arrive at the same time, only one gets through. So, like @Huma0, I simply don’t rely on them anymore.

@Colleen253   I'll keep that advice in mind.  Honestly this is the first time I've had a problem.  But I will go in and follow your advice, I'll pass it along as well.  Thanks.