No payout for cancelletion on the day

Nick86
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

No payout for cancelletion on the day

The guest booked on 12th August to stay on 14th August. They cancelled on 14th August. I received no money for the booking.

I have tried to contact Airbnb through the help centre, by calling their number (only found on the internet as they make it impossible to call them) and even called their centre in the States. Nothing. They ignore my messages, I get sent round in circles on the phone and they blame covid.

How do i get my money back? Or at least engage in a conversation as to how they decided it was ok for a guest to cancel on the day and not pay out. I missed out on other reservations that weekend.

thanks

Nick

2 Replies 2
Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Nick86  Write many times, call many times, unfortunately this is not a guarantee, but at you will get an answer.
Perhaps the guest showed support some documents about the state of health, for example.

Nick86
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

thanks - I have been doing this for a month. It is disgusting. Without Hosts, they would have no product to sell and they treat us terribly. Even with supporting documentation how does she cancel on the day, when she cancelled after March 2020 - this does not fit in with their own guidelines/regulations.