No pet filter on app?

Answered!
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

No pet filter on app?

Airbnb FINALLY got us a pet fee option after all these years, but now I'm told by a guest there is no filter for pets on the app? Only the desktop version??

Am I just missing it? It is clearly in the filters if you use the desktop version, but nowhere to be found if you use the app.

I would swear it used to be there because I'm pretty sure I've used it to search for myself as a guest. It used to be under "House Rules" and there were check boxes for smoking and/or pets. Where did it go??

1 Best Answer
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Suzanne302 When guests search they should be putting their pet into the search parameters just as they should be indicating the correct number of guests. This will return pet-friendly results.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 2.18.52 PM.png

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Suzanne302 there is no longer a pet filter for guests. You now add the number of people/pets staying and it should only show appropriate listings in the search results.

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Mike-And-Jane0  Thanks! And yet another way Airbnb makes things difficult. I swear it's like they have hundreds of programmers with nothing to do except to constantly tinker with the  user experience. And they have nobody advising these "technical" folks on what would actually make the user experience better!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Suzanne302 When guests search they should be putting their pet into the search parameters just as they should be indicating the correct number of guests. This will return pet-friendly results.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 2.18.52 PM.png

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Emilia42  I get that, but I often search without putting in dates/guests. I'm an avid Airbnb user, and I didn't figure it out right away. This question came up in my neighborhood FB group and multiple people commented that Airbnb no longer had a "filter" to search for pet-friendly rentals so they had abandoned it and gone to Bringfido.com and other booking services. I can't imagine what a first-time user would think.

It stands to reason you can't account for all things people might do, but it seems a pet "filter" is a common way to search for pet-friendly rentals so you'd think they'd keep the filter in addition to filtering when you input the number of guests/pets.