No photo id

Jillie1
Level 10
Harrogate, United Kingdom

No photo id

I'm currently on Instant Book and for the first time I've had a confirmed booking from a person without any photo id.  They haven't used AirBnB before so have no reviews either but that's okay as I don't require that.  I do however insist on Government id and have always assumed that AirBnb check this along with the profile photo?  Have things changed in the verification process?

Many thanks for your guidance if you're able to help.

Jillie

2 Replies 2
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Jillie1  Actually yes things have changed as of October 22nd.

Update on Profile Photos

Today, we’re announcing some changes we will be making to the way we display guest profile photos.

Moving forward, rather than displaying a potential guest’s profile photo before the booking is accepted, hosts will receive a guest’s photo in the booking process only after they’ve accepted the booking request. Airbnb does not require all guests to provide a photo. Instead, we’ll be giving hosts the option to ask their guests to provide a profile photo, which will only be presented to hosts after they accept the booking. We have discussed some of this work in the past and we want you to know more about the changes we will be making in the coming months. More at the link below:

https://press.airbnb.com/update-on-profile-photos/

Jillie1
Level 10
Harrogate, United Kingdom

Hi Letti

Many thanks for the new info re. profile pictures and the press link.  That's very helpful and most appreciated.

Jillie