No show bad review

Stephen529
Level 2
Vienna, Austria

No show bad review

Hi, this is my first post here.

Ive been a Super Host now for 18 months in the centre of Vienna. 

Ive now encountered my first significant problem with a No Show who has left 1 star reviews across the board.

It is beyond me how Airbnb can allow someone to review a property’s cleanliness for example when they haven’t stepped foot in the apartment ! Airbnb talk about ‘honesty’ when in fact they are supporting dishonesty. It’s scandalous.

24 Replies 24

Thank you for that very bizarre contribution ! 

Lydia94
Level 10
Cleveland, OH

It is a problem I am complaning for many years about and I am glad finaly another host talk about the problem.

Airbnb do not listen to hosts, Airbnb is only interested in the money paid by guests.

The second problem we get one star from a guest, when the guest destroy your home and you ask

for damages. I remember many years ago, if there is a conflict like this, the  review from the guest was not public, because we all know the outcome. You will never recover from a one star review.

I am so sorry and I hope more hosts weak up and fight.

Thank you Lydia but you seem to have missed the point and not followed the thread. Best wishes

Chris168
Level 2
Palmerston North, New Zealand

Airbnb need to get on top of this - we have had something similar and Airbnb just say they can't get involved. A few guests are ruining the experience for hosts. I happy to do the hard work and take criticism where it is due, but some guests are playing the system and are allowed to get away with it. I for one have had enough and are moving platforms.

Jaylin0
Level 3
The Woodlands, TX

I'm also going through this same thing.  Recently had a no-show guest who didn't contact me until 24 hrs after the stay to demand a refund.  They then left an all 1's review just because they were mad they didn't get their refund.  I called and emailed Support but they said it "didn't violate their policies" and they didn't remove it.  

No-shows shouldn't be able to give star ratings on the listing.  How can they give a "1" in Cleanliness when they never even stayed??

This Superhost is super-angry.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Jaylin0 Try again. A different call centre person may yield a different result!

@Jaylin0   I agree with @Helen350      While you have almost 350 reviews with  very positive comments and ratings so this one review will have little impact, I think Air BNB CS cannot allow this type of review to stand.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Jaylin0 ,

I'd like to draw your attention to a recent update in the policy: Reviews that are irrelevant

Specifically, around:

"A guest never checks into your space (for a documented reason unrelated to you as the host or your listing) and leaves an irrelevant review about their experience. For example, a guest never shows up, due to a canceled flight, but leaves you a review that complains about a dirty couch."

As @Helen350 and @Linda108 mentioned, please do contact CS again and cite the linked policy. If you still have trouble, do let me know.

Thanks for being patient on this,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Thanks @Stephanie  - I wanted to point @Jaylin0  to this new policy, but couldn't find it!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

All the new changes are in the Airbnb Updates tab which you can see if you hover over "Discover". 

Thanks @Helen350 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines